Author Topic: Boot scanner get`s stuck.  (Read 4515 times)

crow

Boot scanner get`s stuck.
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
Hi

Boot scanner get`s stuck at 41% and shows:

c/System...1-4 EFG6-AF80-AF25F3CO68DD}\RP44\ACO13922.EXE

I have to forcibly reboot to restart. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

crow

Re: Boot scanner get`s stuck.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »
Problem solved:
The previously mentioned item the scanner got stuck on ,was related to the system restore.
Deactivated Sys.restore and reactivated , scanned again with boot scanner and it came out clean. ;)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »
Glad to hear you solved your problem :)

Just one thing though, how come you haven't updated to SP3 yet, it has been available for over a year now and contains several security updates. Not updating it leaves you vulnerable to attack.

-Scott-

crow

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
Glad to hear you solved your problem :)

Just one thing though, how come you haven't updated to SP3 yet, it has been available for over a year now and contains several security updates. Not updating it leaves you vulnerable to attack.

-Scott-
Just being lazy about xp3 updating. One more question: Why does the Boot scanner get stuck and no pop up or some sort of announcement from Avast?
Thanks

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »
You really should update it soon, maybe have a look at What to do about SP2

as for the boot scan question, thats one for the more experienced users here, my knowledge of it extends only to scheduling one ;) sorry.

-Scott-

crow

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29:59 PM »
You really should update it soon, maybe have a look at What to do about SP2

as for the boot scan question, thats one for the more experienced users here, my knowledge of it extends only to scheduling one ;) sorry.

-Scott-
Thanks for your reply, I guess I didn`t  bother to up date because: I always run sandboxed(virtual environment)+Spyware terminator+Avast+Superantispy
+Spywareblaster ,and this brought me to think that I`m more than sufficiently protected and thus,did not need the sp3 and the constant disk space consumed by the updates.
As for my previous question,is it possible to address the question to someone in your team that could answer?

Thanks

spg SCOTT

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:00:17 PM »
As for my previous question,is it possible to address the question to someone in your team that could answer?
You already have ;)

We are all just avast users like yourself. (with the Alwil staff dropping in occasionally)
When someone who has the answer (alwil or not) is online, they will try to answer your question.

I suppose all of us are a team of sorts :)

-Scott-

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »

The one thing missing from your signature is what firewall you use ? I know ZA can have some issues hanging a normal on-demand scan as it has some hook into the system volume information folder (part of the system restore function). Now I don't know if a) you use ZA or b) if it would still be monitoring access to that tracking.log file in the system volume information folder.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:35:18 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

crow

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:11:24 PM »

The one thing missing from your signature is what firewall you use ? I know ZA can have some issues hanging a normal on-demand scan as it has some hook into the system volume information folder (part of the system restore function). Now I don't know if a) you use ZA or b) if it would still be monitoring access to that tracking.log file in the system volume information folder.

I use Online Armour firewall.