Author Topic: Avast enterprice configuration?  (Read 3376 times)

WLDCU

Avast enterprice configuration?
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:49:29 PM »
This is how it is configured:

Servers: Script blocking, Exchange 2000/2003, MS SMTP 2000/2003, Network shield, Standard shield, Web shield providers. (Of course the Exchange plug-ins are only on exchange server)

Workstations: Script blocking, Network shield, Standard shield, Web shield, and Outlook/Exchange providers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is: are any of these providers redundant  between the servers and workstations or could any of them cause potential conflicts?

Also, some of the workstations use POP3/SMTP from an ISP outside of this organization for accessing mail in addition to Exchange. Do they need to have the Internet Mail provider as well?

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Avast enterprice configuration?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »
Dear Friends,

According to your question that my assumption :

My question is: are any of these providers redundant  between the servers and workstations or could any of them cause potential conflicts?

My Answer : It wouldn't crash each others, because each avast! protection have their own capacity to protect the workstation/server which installed with avast!. Except your corporate use ADNM to manage clients and server, it would be more efficiency and effective thant separate each others.

Also, some of the workstations use POP3/SMTP from an ISP outside of this organization for accessing mail in addition to Exchange. Do they need to have the Internet Mail provider as well?

My Answer : If your clients use Internet Mail like Thunderbird, it would be need to activate your Internet Mail protection at avast!. But if your client use Outlook and then your mail server set to POP3/SMTP user, it wouldn't necessary to activate

Hopefully my answer it proper with your need.

Regards,
Yanto
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya