Author Topic: AVG firewall is on and AVG and no avg should not be on this computer  (Read 2888 times)

sham1313

quite some time ago I had AVG before I got AVAST.  before that when the computer 1st came home was using norton. I don't like norton at all and will not ever use it again. I unstalled it and put the paid version of AVG because i could not get AVG in stalled right for many reasons it did not work right either. avg always got the virus before the computer got real sick, but i had a super hard time getting rid of the virus's. with out the help of one main person on Cnet the computer would have been dead. I won't go threw all that.
         later I found out you had to use a removal tool on them. so I did use the norton and the avg removal tool. I had a lot of help from Cnet help and thought I got rid of then both, but this morning I check the security center and saw this installed firewall programs.
AVG firewall on and windows firewall was off. I use both avg and norton removal tool. i do not know if norton is all the way removed sense fining this avg firewall. the part of this is  what  i think has been some of the last trouble's of why from time to time have certain computer troubles that just could not be explane. how do i get rid of this avg firewall being off and removed completely from my computer as well as making sure norton is complete gone too. i will say again that i used both of there removal tools overs and over and over and over again.
thanks Sharon     :o :o :o :o

sham1313

Re: AVG firewall is on and AVG and no avg should not be on this computer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »

here is a post witch i started a few days ago. i did not think or even know that both about the same problem

you could not have wrote at a better time because I should not have any Avg or Norton at all on this computer. I just got threw writing A new question.the question is go here and you can read it.  noton was on when the computer came home i unstalled it put the paid version of avg in and later unstalled that and put avast in. here is where to go.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=46728.0 should i delete this threw HJ
thanks Sharon

sham1313

Re: AVG firewall is on and AVG and no avg should not be on this computer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 08:40:39 AM »
I just thought you all might like to go what it happen, soo I am setting you what I wrote at bleepingcomputer.  also the other part of the question on a different forum. i thing there 2 different post here and one on another forum. maybe i will get a reply from some one now thanks Sharon

[font="Arial Black"][/font]
I am not sure if I am supposed to post here because I am posting another log for you to help me with, or if I should start another question. 1st I will send this and then the log.
this is a line that has me worried but my avast scanner has not found a virus, but as you see the word worm so I am not sure. then I no these two can go.

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
then these two I know can go. i am not concern about them just the one that Say's worm.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://my.netzero.net/s/search?r=minisearch and this one too. right after I send this I will copy paste the hole log next.

networkassociates.com;*.dir.untd.com;cf.netzero.net;qs.netzero.net;*.aolcdn.com;
*.quicken.com;<local>;*.local

I need to tell you some more now 1st. this computer came with a Norton and I don't like Norton and well never use it again. I unstalled it and put in an paid version of AVG. less then a year I unstalled AVG. i don't think I ever had it installed right for many reason. I wand up with virus from time to time and it did not help because I thought I was helping the problems of the computer to being fixed but I was causing more. what I thought was helping turn out to be rogue. this site help me out the last time. the computer was nice and clean, but I not sure now. can you help me again? right after i send this i well copy past the HJ log then send it.
thanks Sharon sham1313
I think I know why a lot of times what was causing it back then. after I unstalled 1st the Norton scanner I did not know I should have used the removal tool. only after the AVG was installed and unstalled i did the removal tool for both of them. not sure how many times. then I use them both. the norton and the avg. I was sure it was all gone no More Norton and no more avg, and till I saw this. I check the security and saw these words. AVG firewall on and windows firewall off.
AVG is not suppose to be on this computer at all
hope you can help. thanks Sharon