Author Topic: Ashdisp GUI Must Close  (Read 3078 times)

Gregt

Ashdisp GUI Must Close
« on: July 12, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »
Hi,

This morning I received the red pop up to stating that my home edition would expire in 20 days. I clicked on it but for some reason the entry of the three letter code would not take (Firefox 3.5). I closed down the browser and figured I was doing something wrong. A few minutes later, maybe totally unrelated, I received a pop up from Microsoft stating that it encountered a problem with the Ashdisp,exe GUI and was closing it down. I restarted the pc, and again I received the popup. Ashserv.exe is still running in my task manager, but do I have a problem and if so how would I fix it. Thanks

Greg

wpn

Re: Ashdisp GUI Must Close
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »
first of all, your in the wrong forum :)  you should have posted this in the home edition forum, if there is an moderator around maybe he can move this?

do you have the latest version installed from avast home? if not, download and install it
while your downloading register a new key, you dont need to go thru the program to get a new key, all the program does is open a browser and go to the registration website....