Author Topic: Memory upgrade program automatically too, hoping to optimize! Management Come!  (Read 8544 times)

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Thanks, where did you dig that up ;D

That certainly isn't leaving a lot left when you take out the 256MB used for the OS for other applications.

Please accept my proposal, the next version of avast optimize memory usage!

avast is already one of the lightest antivirus. Very light indeed. Please try posting a screenshot of your task manager so we can analyze what could be causing it.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline happylty

That certainly isn't leaving a lot left when you take out the 256MB used for the OS for other applications.

avast is already one of the lightest antivirus. Very light indeed. Please try posting a screenshot of your task manager so we can analyze what could be causing it.
Do not use this software, known as the "QQ" (only in English letters Q) in China's instant messaging software screenshot function, it is important how to upload to the forum! ! !

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster

Next version of avast no more vrdb
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline happylty

Next version of avast no more vrdb
Why? This is a very good feature!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
It's an obsolete technology nowadays. We don't know people that get their file restored using VRDB, do we?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

I answered that question way back in Reply #10.

<snip>
You could simply disable the VRDB as from avast version 5 it won't be used as it is old technology which isn't keeping pace with malware developments making it much harder to physically repair a file.
<snip>
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security