Author Topic: panda false positives and your opinion please  (Read 3392 times)

Offline chameleon

panda false positives and your opinion please
« on: May 23, 2004, 01:36:41 PM »
I noticed a couple of other people have had the same problem of running a "panda online scan" and then avast! picking up Kuang2 and Matyas.

I found the below article useful and am relieved to know it is nothing to worry about. But I don't think I'll be using panda again, as we all know the angst that comes from that avast siren!

http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1554.html

Is it safe to delete the imscan.dll file and pavsig. files from the chest? I assume they are merely panda generated files?

Also, since the panda scandal, my report files say that GZIP archive is corrupted..is this something to be concerned about? There were a few entries, but here is two such examples :

"C:\Documents and Settings\my_name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4DI7GHMF\CA0HUDBC\CA0HUDBC [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)
C:\Documents and Settings\my_name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BVPNVPCW\CA658V0J\CA658V0J [E] GZIP archive is corrupted. (42129)"  ???

Thanks for your patience.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:panda false positives and your opinion please
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:48:48 AM »
Since those files are inside the Internet Explorer cache, I think it's really nothing to worry about (even though I find it a little strange that GZIP files would be in IE cache - it's not such a common format on web. Maybe avast! just misrecognized the file format...)

If you want to know more, you can send one of the files to pk - he may like to check. Otherwise, you can simply clear the IE cache to get rid of those files.