Author Topic: this is about my last question and the mix up that happen  (Read 22252 times)

sham1313

this is about my last question and the mix up that happen
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:45:25 PM »
i tried to make this shorter but could not
i have been up all night here doing this one email. i tell you that so you may understand me better. lack of schooling, {diss-lek see-ic} cannot spell it. if i was to talk to you derreckly you would not have any trouble understand me i am so sorry this is long i just hope i did it good enough to be ask in the forum please read all if it does not make sence to you and you cannot put up with how i try to post right i will understand

I need to say a few personal {sorries} to you and the other admin here as well as 2 forum.
my spelling is bad some times i have to use other words like i used sorry instead of the other word  that should go there because i can not spell it even likes it sounds so you would not know what i am trying to spell. i kick my self in the but all the time for not staying in school when i was a kid.
     when I 1st started the question here i made a mistake in both forums because on this new computer i was looking only for information on my husband computer. i was just wanted to bookmark the microsoft pg that had that one driver on it so later i could put it on a disk to install in my husband computer later. i was trying to just work on my computer. but when the first time i saw that some one misunderstood me and thought i was just working on my husband computer. he thought all the problems was on my husband computer. then i got confuised my self and started to explane the trouble with both computers and was trying to get information on both of them, and was working into 2 forums. it got out out of control and every one got lost. i did not know all the iformation things i needed to give you i only know some of them. like i do know what OS means operateing system, but most of the others ones i do not know what they are for. i did not know for each letter what they stood for. i have had some mix up before in a forums but not near like this one. it is easy for me to read most time, but it is remembering the information i have trouble with.
    on my computer while only suppost to be looking for the NTLDR to put on a disk.

on the new computer my husband was on for awhile and it was working fine then i got on and was on a microsoft pg when i got on this new computer. i had to get up for a little bit and when i came back i saw like a different kind of plaine pattern with tan brown gold color squar'es all over I tried tapping esc a few times. then ctrl alt, delete and could not get task manger to come up so i tried turning it off the hard way and after holding the off key down for about 50 sec. and it went off. i waited a bit turn it back on and must not have left it off long enough be cause the screen was black and saw some thing like this ll//ll//\\\ then space here and there. those kind of things were all over the screen. it would not even go off my holding the off key down. what I had my husband do was shut it down unplug every thing then put the battery back in and turn it on again and it worked.

before that a couple of times then screen went black i taped ctrl alt delete a few times task manager came up and was able to shut it down the right way. waited a bit turn it on and it worked again. there is some thing els should be here but i forget.

i think what may have cosed that trouble was when 1st got it home it  had the norton virus scanner in it. i hate nortin and well never use it again. i unstalled it and put the paid for version in of AVG. i never got it install all the way it should be for many reason. you could only use email for support to get help and I paid over $70.00 for it. you would think by buying the scanner you could get a phone no to  talk to a live person. i am using AVAST VIRUS SCANNER and it is the best scanner i everhad.

then I found out you needed to use a removal tool on both of them. witch i used both removal tool many times.  i tried for a 11 month to get it installed right. the way it was it would catch the virus  i had to use all 3 at different times witch are the malware,superantispyware spyware blaster and with a lot of great help.  got rid of these different virus at different times.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM
avg and nortin is not to be on this computer at all but, when i check sercuity on this computer i saw AVG firewall on and windows firewall off.  i will say i used the removal for both avg and nortin scanner. i hope i said every thing i have wrote you makes the right kind of sence, and it is good enought to stay in the post.
                            INFORMATION ON COMPUTER
       here is some information on the computer if i leave some thing out let me know bye the saying the hold  word please, or can you give me a short list of what you need by writting the one letter and what each letter mean's.   microsoft windows vista.
version/bulid  6.0
service pack    2
architecture 32-bit

I dont know if you need the serial no. or not but you may need the product number witch xxxxx
 it is also a HP pavilion windows vista laptop. if i have left some think out some thing please let me know and where i would go to fine it thanks Sharon  sham1313

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:10:54 PM by sham1313 »

sham1313

Re: this is about my last question and the mix up that happen
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:47:20 PM »
is there a way to delete the last post on this. it would have been easy to fine if i would of thought for a min more before reposting. i will do one quick thing after i posted i did a prober shut down waited about 10 min and turn it on. the black screen came up and it took about 1o min to get from the black pg that has a little dash blinking in the right hand side of screen to the microsoft part then another wait to get to the desktop. it is very slow in the letters coming up that i type and the page is downloading slower then it would be when were were on dial up. i thing it is because i cannot get rid of all avg and may have some of  nortin left on it. but as i have said many times i have at least use both removal tools. i fell like throwing in the towel
thanks Sharon

sham1313

after i sent that last post the computer kept running slower and slower and then it went dead, in 1 sec it went all the way off. i am scared to leave it on cause it might die and scared to leave it off because it might not come back on. whether this has to do with the left over avg i don't can any one help me. in the 1st post i gave you i think all the information in this computer if not let me know. thanks Sharon :(

normishmael

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:09 AM »
Hello sham1313!!
Every person who has worked with computers has had "throw in the towell"
moments!
It is very hard to to try and narrow down the problem you are having,just online.
It may be a hardware problem,that is causing the problem where your machine "dies".
If AVG is still showing up as the firewall,then it is not all removed.
I am not sure if the removal tool removes all of the components of the paid version,or just the Anti-Virus.
It may be easier in the long run,to contact a friend with computer knowledge that
can actually sit down at the machine and try to trouble shoot it for you.
Or even take it to a shop.That way it is possible to get it set up properly,and from then on,its pretty much a matter of "If it is not broke,don't fix it".

But don't stress too much.

sham1313

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 03:49:36 AM »
thanks for your reply and i will have to figure it out some how. is there away to get the windows firewall on so the avg firewall is no longer in control. and windows firewall is in control what few  friends  i have are telephone friends because telephone is how we talk we never get to see each in person and the ones on the net witch is only a handful cannot help me either. i just have to keep trying myself i am going to give the computer a break later or in the morning mabe i well get a break
thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:27:27 PM »
t was so tried last night after i click post the computer went dead again and it was not tipp just now i saw i made a mistake and said on unstead of turning it off and i guess no one has any idea how to get rid of the rest of avg on this computer.
thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »

i know the removal tool did not get rid of it all the way because the fire wall is still there. i am going to use both the avg and the nortin again ans see whats happen
thanks Sharon

Hello sham1313!!
Every person who has worked with computers has had "throw in the towell"
moments!
It is very hard to to try and narrow down the problem you are having,just online.
It may be a hardware problem,that is causing the problem where your machine "dies".
If AVG is still showing up as the firewall,then it is not all removed.
I am not sure if the removal tool removes all of the components of the paid version,or just the Anti-Virus.
It may be easier in the long run,to contact a friend with computer knowledge that
can actually sit down at the machine and try to trouble shoot it for you.
Or even take it to a shop.That way it is possible to get it set up properly,and from then on,its pretty much a matter of "If it is not broke,don't fix it".

But don't stress too much.

Spiritsongs

local Senior Center
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »
 :)  Hi :

Have you considered contacting your local Senior Center, perhaps speaking to
 its Director, who's phone number I gave you, to see IF she knows anyone
 who would be willing to come to your place and either help or give you advice
 on HOW to correct what's wrong !?

When it comes to "modifying" Info in One of your Posts, just press the
 "Modify" in the upper right hand corner of the Post, then do your "modifying".
 You should do that in your 1st Post in this thread by deleting the service ID
 number AND the product number . These 2 numbers should NEVER be Posted
 on a forum .

sham1313

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »
there are  2  local Senior Center. here in west sacto. neather one any good. the think with them is  mainly with me. I am 54 instead 65. there are some exception if you are 62 some times they will take you to the Dr if the Dr is in a certain area. when i needed some one to walk with me up the ramp into the Dr office. just wanted some one to walk with me at the ramp to watch and make sure i did not fall.  i had some one comming to take me home other then the bus. they said they could if i was 62. when it's comes to computers i am always kind of felt like i was got between the rock and a hard and a place.

i did a system restore today for a couple of days back. it is some better and has not turn it self off sense 5 thirty this morning. but it is a little slow in the letters that  i typing i will type 6 letter and see 3 and type 6 and see 2 more. it jumps a little if  hopefully a little in typing tying to fast and a normal

i am going to use the removal tools again after i send this and see  what happen the a hj. thing

you can also here maybe the fan. some times you cannot here it. it will be just plane quite. don't no if that is normal or not.
one more think
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:51 AM »
Hi Sharon, If you look in control panel - manage programs, to look at the programs installed, does AVG appear in the list at all?
It might be possible to uninstall it from there.
You have already run the uninstall tools a number of times, and HijackThis logs you've posted since running the tools still shows remains of AVG (the linkscanner, for example) that seem immune to the tool. I don't know if running it again will do any good.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:39 AM »
lets hope i get this wrote this

time before it shut off.  this

morning it was on from 5

thirty till after 3thirty. but

now it don't stay on 15 min. no

there no avg in control panal. i

will look and right more in the

morning when it stays on

longer
Sharon
running the tool again i am not

sure what it did. i can not

remember how to check to see

if windows firewall is on or not

sham1313

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 04:26:28 AM »
i remember and now i have windows firewall on but don't no how to check on avg firewall
Sharon

gery

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
Can you reinstall AVG again?I had the same problem with AVG firewall. It does sometimes leave files and registries behind. I could not install Norton because of that
before taking the steps mentioned here plese do as follows
o to the start menu and click RUN.
type REGEDIT
then chose LOKAL MACHINE
then SOFTWARE
 then see if there is a folder there AVG
if you find it delete it
try to restart the machine

1- Install AVG again
2- uninstall AVG from the control panel  or use FCLEANER
don't use avg cleaner
HOPE THIS HELPS

sham1313

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

i just re-red what you wrote and think you want me to install again and that scare's me. i think it might cause more trouble then i have now, and if i i did re-install and have to unstall what if more of the avg could not be removed.when i re-red your post i did not make in change's in what i had already wrote.

you must not have red some earlier post.  avast is the scanner i use now. the computer came home  and had a nortin scanner in it. i don't like nortin so unstalled in and did not know i was suppose to use the removal tool. i installed a paid version of avg and tried to get it installed right and many reason was not able too. it did catch virus's and i made a few mistake and downloaded rogue programs that i thought was suppose to help. when i found out they were rogue and at once took all the steps i needed to so the computer would get back to running right. and had a lot of real great help. i tried for a 11 month i tried to get avg in stalled right but could not. THEN I FOUND OUT I WAS SUPPOSE TO USE THE REMOVAL TOOLS. {i did capt so you could notice that part easy} i used both removal tools and wand up using them many times. it was hard to get rid of all nortin and avg. {AVG AND NORTIN ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ON THE COMPUTER AT ALL.  some how i need to check security system and saw these words avg firewall is on and windows security is turn off. i did use the avg removal again and some thought sense they did not remove all when i 1st use the removal tools that it would not do any good, i did any way and i am not sure if it help or not because i got back into security and turn windows firewall on. i saw no words at all mentioning the avg firewall. i am not sure if that a good sign or not.
    i was told to check back in the control and see if there was any avg to install. i knew there was not but i check any way and there was not. i check on and off there.
i think about all the trouble i have had with this compute all most all i think is do to not being able to ged rid of all the avg and nortin.
     when the computer was 1st turn on yesterday. it stayed on from 5 thirty in the morning till 3 thirty pm. after that it would not stay on more then 15 min unless it was off for an hour and then it was OK for a couple of more hours.
that you catch you up as long as you can understand every thing i have wrote.
thanks any way. Sharon

if you would like me to restate any of the trouble i have had in the past few months i will.

sham1313

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »
are you suppose to hear the fan running all the? how loud is the fan supposed to be? some times i hear it some i do not. some times the fan sounds a little louder. my husband says the fan is running like it should but i am not sure it is.
Thanks Sharon