Author Topic: this is about my last question and the mix up that happen  (Read 22314 times)

Spiritsongs

Re: this is about my last question and the mix up that happen
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
 :)  Hi Sharon :

Best NOT to install AVG ( should NOT have 2 antivirus programs on a
 computer, generally speaking ) , so I recommend you do NOT follow "gery"s
 Advice about doing so .

Hard to know about the fan; sometimes my 5 yr old computer's fan can be
 heard and sometimes not . I just thought of some possible, probably FREE,
 help for you . My Bridge partner has had someone temporarily take control of
 her computer when she was having some problems; she has referred Others
 she knows to him and has gotten back that he did a good job with them . My
 partner says he moved to Northern Calif and I just left a message on her
 Answering machine for her to contact me about his Name and Phone Number.
 I will convey that Info to you by "Private Message" ( what we have been
 using to 'talk" to each other at times ) after she contacts me .

gery

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
it worked for me when i had leftovers from ZONEALARM AVG and NORTON. I supposed she has no antivirus installed just leftovers . I think this is the best she can do. try what i said and see if that works.

sham1313

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 03:40:55 AM »
i have been using avast scanner for a few month and it has warn and saved the the computer at least 5 times. i will check back at what i have posted, but i belive i have said the nortin was used and so was the removal tool. then the     

avg  was installed and so was the removal tool then avast scanner was install right after the avg was unstalled. I i have had no virus now and it has been no trouble at all. like you say it can cause more trouble if 2 is on the computer. witch there would be a fully fustional scanner avast and a out dated install of avg. that i do not want to take the chance of the avg messing up the avast scanner. i have not ever been on the net with out a scanner. or i should say one time i was for a short time when i was installing avast.

my husband things that the four square' blocks that we have in other each conner to lift it up some was blocking the fan. so he moved the little block over a bit and that may be what was wrong with it. do you think that could of cost the computer to go competely dead a few times? at the end of this morning it was going slow fore me. i turn it off at least 3 hrs. then my husban came on was on for over and hr and it worked great. right now it working great for me. i have not herd the fan on sense i sat down here at the computer. is that good or not about not hearing the fan? if it stay good till bed times. i well leave it on all night. then if it is still running like it is now then i would say that 4 blocks were under the fan and that was the trouble. i will just have to make sure the blocks that the computer sits on is not blocking the fan till next time.
           i will keeping looking and see if i can fine a way to make sure that avast scanner is the only scanner on this computer.  i do thank you for your help

thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 03:54:29 AM »

i goofed here the avg was install then 11 month later it was unstalled and then the avast scanner was in stalled

avg  was installed and so was the removal tool then avast scanner was install right after the avg was unstalled. I i have had no virus now and it has been no trouble at all. like you say it can cause more trouble if 2 is on the computer. witch there would be a fully fustional scanner avast and a out dated install of avg. that i do not want to take the chance of the avg messing up the avast scanner. i have not ever been on the net with out a scanner. or i should say one time i was for a short time when i was installing avast.

sham1313

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 05:04:01 AM »
as i told you in my last post avast is working great it just sound off a bit ago saying found a virus but no need to panic.
the computer is still going ok. all the trouble i had before the computer going dead was i think cost my the left over avg. i think the computer going dead might be what my husband things witch is the blocks we have under it to lefft it up some might have been coving the fan. sense the block have been moved it has not had a problem. mabe using the avg and the nortin tool again maybe it got rid of the last part of avg. i will keeping look for awhile and hope i fine nothing. then every thing well be a ok with the computer.
thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
just one more post tonight the fan has been coming on an off i think that is normal. because all the time my husband and now me being on.the computer is still as fast as it was at the start of this morning. i just wished they were a way to fine out that avg and nortin is all gone or not. if it is running this way in the morning that will be neat. :)
thans Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Do you want to try the "regedit" search suggested earlier?
(Regedit= registry editor.)
The registry contains data and instructions relating to how every application installed on the computer should work.  It's vital. It's easy to mess up if the wrong key is deleted..worst case scenario you have to re-install Windows. Best case scenario the instructions within the registry telling Windows that AVG is installed when it actually is not, are removed.

You would probably have to know how to post a screenshot and follow directions exactly.
Are you prepared to do that? It's a bit of trouble to go to, for not a huge pay-off.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »
you know how many times i have to go back and re-read every thing just like i do now to see if i missed some thing. I do not have a copy of windows on a disk like i have with all my computers. you are talking about the one disk that you put in and go to a certain and it wants you to put in this long key number before you can go any farther. the one that formats your computer. the new computer before this that had to go back to the store because the DVD player and more did not work. then this one. the last 2 did not come with one of them. do you think i am a good {canadent}  (can't spell it) to try that? let me reread and i will post again.
thanks Sharon
 Spiritsongs
i will write you a personal email after i call the Dr you refer me too. 

sham1313

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »
i re-red this and have not been able to fine the word modifying any where at the top of the post.

then there was this one i should of wrote it down when this word that you used, but here where gery user's it i have not herd of it before. i know the rest he mention i would see after doing the regedit.

then there is this that i wrote and got one reply to it and they were not sure if it was doing right the fan going on and off.
are you suppose to hear the fan running all the time? how loud is the fan supposed to be? some times i hear it some i do not. some times the fan sounds a little louder. my husband says the fan is running like it should be but i am not sure of it is.

When it comes to "modifying" Inform in One of your Posts, just press the
 "Modify" in the upper right hand corner of the Post, then do your "modifying".
 You should do that in your 1st Post in this thread by deleting the service ID
 number AND the product number . These 2 numbers should NEVER be Posted
 on a forum . if I could fine it i would delete and I  no know it was wrong now and I am glad spirtsong pointed it out to be but it is to late I can just hope no one uses it against me. I was told once that one of those numbers i should not put up on the net and i did goof again and put the wrong one up. iam glad spirtsong brought it to my atention again. i will make a special folders for certain things like this to refer back too.

would any one like me to post the last avast scanner when avast trap the bug before it did any harm to my computer. then post the last one of that send my last HJ?
thanks Sharon
thanks for all the reply and help so far. one question here was i wrong in telling mike to unplug every from the computer and take the battery out and put back in. hp took me threw those steps one time before?
thanks again Sharon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
Just above the top of each Post that you make there are two buttons, Quote and right of that Modify.

You can only see the Modify button on your posts as you can't modify the posts of others.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sham1313

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
at 1st i had wrote that i had nothing on the right side of quote and the left was a little square and click that and it change to where i could reply to you. then i saw it would only be on my post. and i look on one of mine and saw it. that was such a simple thing my comon sense i guess was taking a nap. now it well be a lot easier for me to change my post when i need to. as well as help you out cause i can change a mistake when i see it so it should be easer for you to under stand me. i hope any way.
 some times i feel pretty small when it comes to computers.
thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon

Just above the top of each Post that you make there are two buttons, Quote and right of that Modify.

You can only see the Modify button on your posts as you can't modify the posts of others.

sham1313

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 03:21:07 AM »
this is in the chest

name is scan.log original location is C:\program files\exterminate it! last changed  6/18/2009 1:45... transfer time6/22/2009 5:45...
not sure what to do with it. do you want me to start a new topic. do you want me to post what it says when you double click on in while it is in the chest
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 03:36:31 AM »
Exterminate it! appears to be a rogue program, once installed and the scanner activated, it will produce a list of "threats" detected, which often seem to be false positives, and then require user payment to remove these "threats".
When did you install it?
And why on earth?

sham1313

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 07:21:35 AM »
that is what that this is i guess i must have stubble across that site i  do recall some time ago when i 1st started here it was one of rogue programs i installed but it was unstalled it a long time ago. it must have been and advertisement that was sent with some thing els. i look better  at it in the morning because the only i have installed lately was and HP big update. at least it is in the virus chest.
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »
Well, it was last accessed or used a month ago, could you have installed it that recently?
Does it list the full file name, or just the location?
Is that program files folder still present on you system?