Author Topic: Avast shields deactivate due2 AntiVirPE, though it's not running  (Read 12466 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Avast shields deactivate due2 AntiVirPE, though it's not running
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 12:22:20 AM »
Hi, David!
            Thank you for your hellpful advice!   I printed it out for myself.    I will try to scan again as you say.   I am not sure I know how to do a complete one, so will do individual ones (on all parts of the listed parts of the computer) until they are all scanned and taken care of.
            Bye.
                                       Debby

Hi Debby,

I think you have replied on the wrong thread which may confuse some reading this, but no harm done, I remember what it was about.

You can run a full scan by right clicking on the Avast icon on the system tray and select "Start Avast Antivirus. There will be a short memory test followed by the display of Avast Simple User Interface, you will see three icons on the right side, click the top one (hover the mouse over it first, a message "local disks, etc." will be displayed), having clicked it select the disks that you want checked. Then click the Start button on the left side and it will scan all the local hard drives you have selected.

If windows explorer and avast are integrated ok, you could shortcut this by right clicking on the C:\ drive and select the Scan C:\.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security