Author Topic: HELP! Trojan Horse; WIN32:SdBot-gen44[Trj] Can't move to chest.!!!!!  (Read 8045 times)

avast4me

Did a scan and found this-  WIN32:SdBot-gen44[Trj]  In file name C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
Recommended action - move to chest, tried, told file to big !!!!!!
Yes, I'm a newbie when it comes to dealing with a virus.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted?

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: HELP! Trojan Horse; WIN32:SdBot-gen44[Trj] Can't move to chest.!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45:22 PM »
Please download Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Make sure you update it first.Then run a quick scan.If malwarebytes manage to find any threat,make sure there is a check mark next to each threat and click quarantine.Make sure your post back a log from mbam
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45:47 PM »
Normally I  wouldn't suggest deletion, however in this case, it can be deleted safely.

- The memory.dmp file is created when your system crashes it contains what is in memory at the time of the crash, which could have contained malware. It could be as large as your memory so may not be allowed to send to the chest without changing the settings.

If you have the tools and experience you can examine this file to help discover why the crash happened, if you don't have this experience and tools, it is worthless to you. The older the file is the less worth it is also.

If windows were to crash again then it would create a new memory.dmp file if one wasn't present or replace any existing one. So there really is no downside to deleting this memory.dmp file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
Hi avast4me,

The best way this can be done (what DavidR pointed out to you) is to do this running SafeMode.
Furthermore: Go to my computer tools folder options view and unhide the hidden files and folders, system files, etc.
Then using your search assistant type in TEMP it will find a few one will be full delete the contents of this folder, EMPTY your bin recyclar in C drive -  recycle bin on the desktop - and emails deleted.
Delete all your internet history cookies and files,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!