Author Topic: I just had a very big scare  (Read 12022 times)

sham1313

I just had a very big scare
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:07:58 PM »
         I am totally lost to just what happen. I had to get up and let are dog Jake out. when I got up I turn the computer on. last night was the 1st time I  turn the computer off in 2 day. every thing was working better then ever. after I turn the computer on I went to the bath room and when I got back to the computer it was ready to put the pass word in. I put the password in. then Jake was slapping at the door ready to come in. I let him in  came back to the computer.

a very big black box came up that just said nortin had just been installed in the computer then said to click finish so it could finish installing it. I did not click any thing at this point and don't know why it was wanting to install nortin. it did have nortin in it when it 1st came home from the store. it was unstalled shortly after I turn it on and the paid version of AVG was installed. later I did unstall AVG and found out I needed to use the removal tool for both the nortin and AVG. I did use both removal tools and then put avast scanner in. the free version and I have been happy with it sense Apr. the 15th. it has saved my computer at least 5 times sense I have had it. I did not want any of Norton to get on this computer again.

then I  click ctrl alt delete  2  times and task manger came up. there were 2 programs running. one was opera and  the other was version tracker. witch I should go to start programs and fix it so pro version don't come on when the computer 1st start up. I ended it and my opera browser. that big black box was still up about clicking finish installing nortin and there was no x to close it. I right clicked at the bottom the big black box to see if I could get a menu up and see closed so I could close it that way but no such luck. then I  went and shut it down the computer normally. I  mean I click restart. but all it did was shut down. in about 5 mins I restarted it. this weird screen come up. it was a black screen. it is kind of hard to explane.

it was kind of a purple color that had little dots in different kind of pattern.  at this point the lines were kind of like you would see on TV.  I thought oh my god it is totally gone. I turn it off for a half hour and turn it back on. a grey box came up and had a place to click to try and restore windows before I click it had turn itself off again.  I waited 20 min and turn it on again I click very quickly to try in restore windows. it said it could take a few min.  after a while it restarted but just before that I saw it could take more then one restart, but it did not it started right  up. I know it had some thing to do with nortin wanting to install in this computer again, but why I do not know do you? why did I not have a change to cancel or close that box. I do not know.

I was trying to make sure nortin would not install on this computer?  I could not close that box. some thing was trying to force me to install nortin. don't  have a clue why do you?. I forgot to say at one point the screen was  black with a lot of lllll llllllll llll lllll from top to the botton of the screen. I have seen a computer do a different kinds of a totally cash but not like this.

I seem to always puzzle some of you when I have ask certain question. I hope this is not one of them. I  hope some one can tell me why this happen? also how to keep it from happening again? thanks a lot I know a few of you will try to help me with this. I hope you can.  thanks Sharon
let me know if this is good enough I will try again. i pray this is much better
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:39:05 PM by sham1313 »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: I just had a very big scare
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »
 Is there any other user of your PC?
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 04:08:20 PM »
sham1313

You have to break up the text in your posts, a huge block of text without white space seperation between paragraphs makes it very difficult to read.

I know when I see a mass of black text, I don't even bother trying to read it and pass on by, I don't know how many others simply do the same.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sham1313

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
sorry well go back and modifi I was just scared something might happen and I would not get a chance to send it to you. give me a bit and will do better
Sharon
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:21:46 PM by sham1313 »

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
sham1313

You have to break up the text in your posts, a huge block of text without white space seperation between paragraphs makes it very difficult to read.

I know when I see a mass of black text, I don't even bother trying to read it and pass on by, I don't know how many others simply do the same.

I do the same as I can't follow Sharon's rambling posts.

sham1313

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
I did try to fix it is it still bad or have you not tried to read it yet
Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 06:15:53 PM »
I will go back and click quote and view it as i am trying to re do it. I thought for sure you would at least understand some of it now. i will Wait a few min in case no one has review it sense I re did it.
Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
I did click quote but then i click back and did a modifi will ask again is this not even a little bit better. thanks for at least trying and it is working fine i just hope it stay doing that way

I am totally lost to just what happen. I got  up very very very early.  I turn the computer on.  last night was the 1st time I had turn the computer off in 2 day. every thing was working better then ever. I then was away from the computer for a short time.  I turn the computer on I went to the bath room and when I got back to the computer it was ready to put the password in. I put the password in. I was a way again for a short time. this is what I saw.

a very big black box came up that just said nortin had just been installed in the computer then said to click finish so it could finish installing it. I did not click any thing at this point and don't know why it was wanting to install nortin. it did  have nortin in it when it 1st came home. it was unstalled shortly after I turn it on and put the paid version of AVG was installed. later I did unstall AVG and found out I needed to use the removal tool for both the nortin and AVG. I did use both removal tools and then put avast scanner in. the free version and I have been happy with it sense Apr. the 15th. it has saved my computer at least 5 times sense I have had it.

I did not want any of Norton to get on this computer again.

then I  click ctrl alt delete  2  times and task manger came up. there were 2 programs running. one was opera and  the other was version tracker. witch I should go to start programs and fix it so pro version don't come on when the computer 1st start up.

I ended both programs. that big black box was still up wantting to clicking finish installing nortin and there was no x to close it. I right clicked at the bottom the big black box to see if I could get a menu up and see closed so I could close it that way but no such luck.

then I  went and shut it down the computer normally. I  mean I click restart. but all it did was shut down. in about 5 mins I restarted it. this weird screen come up. it was a black screen. it is kind of hard to explane.

it was kind of a purple color that had little dots in different kind of pattern with black behide it..  at this point the lines were kind of like you would see on TV.  I thought oh my god it is totally gone. I turn it off for a half hour and turn it back on. a grey box came up and had a place to click to try and restore windows before I click it had turn itself off again.  I waited 20 min and turn it on again I click very quickly to try in restore windows. it said it could take a few min.  after a while it restarted but just before that I saw it could take more then one restart, but it did not it started right  up.

I know it had some thing to do with nortin wanting to install in this computer again, but why I do not know do you? why did I not have a chance to cancel or close that box. I do not know.

I was trying to make sure nortin would not install back on this computer?  I could not close that box. some thing was trying to force me to install nortin. don't  have a clue why do you?. I forgot to say at one point the screen was  black with a lot of lllll llllllll llll lllll from top to the botton of the screen. I have seen  computer's  do a different kinds of a totally cash but not like this.

I seem to always puzzle some of you when I have ask certain question. I hope this is not one of them. I  hope some one can tell me why this happen? also how to keep it from happening again? thanks a lot I know a few of you will try to help me with this. I hope you can.  thanks Sharon
let me know if this is good enough I will try again. i pray this is much better
[/quote]

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »
Yes it is much better. ;D
I don't know why is all these weird things happening to your computer but you can try to boot into safe mode first.See if Norton or some other thing is installed on your computer.If you see Norton or something you never downloaded,uninstall it.Hope this helps
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

sham1313

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
I have had it save mode a few times because in some of my other trouble it has started  up to were you could put it in save. I have done some looking but not sure what I am looking for. i have look for any trace of nortin or avg in safe mode and out of safe mode.

here a thought. it had nortin in it when i got it and right at 1st i unstall it. it was a while before i do i had to use a removal tool. maybe it kind of did like i think avg did it hung on and hung but finely when i got the link scanner that belong to avg to totally  disappeared. witch all i did was another avg removal with and click fixed it when i found it in a HJ and it went away. i fine it no where now.

maybe if i do another nortin removal and do a HJ and see if there is any nortin show there.  click fix it. and see what happen. i will put in save mode after i do that

i am thinking that big install box was put there bye HP cause they tried and tried many times to get me to try it for free. for 30 days and said having 2 virus scanner for 30 days should not hurt my computer. i know how to put in in save mode and try things there but only how to put it in others like safe mode. if i did have to put it a different one like save mode some one would have to have me on the phone going through step by step thanks Sharon not much sleep maybe have to have a nap{smile}   Sharon

cimmind

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
Have you tried using "Last known good configuration"
or, if you think norton has indeed got installed, what about using a "System restore"..

Since something is installing norton without your express permission, i would recommend three things:

a) check what all is there in the 'start-up' list, using Ccleaner. Disable/delete anything suspicious scheduled to start up with system start. 
b) full scan with Avast
c) full scan with Malware Byte Antimalware (MBAM)

sham1313

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
 I have just here in the last few days got a maybe a good restore and i have done that wont try any thing past that it would make more trouble for sure. when i 1st got the computer thing to many people took over my desktop. and what most did and kept wantting to do was system restore and all that happen was getting more trouble then i had before if bye chance today i did get rid of the nortin like i say maybe in the same matter as i did avg. i thing the only avg i have on this computer now is there remover.

the only cleaner that bleepingcomputer want me to use is ATF. i would have to have a special some one to walk me slowly step by step to get me through Last known good configuration

check what all is there in the 'start-up' list, using Ccleaner. Disable/delete anything suspicious scheduled to start up with system start. 
b) full scan with Avast
c) full scan with Malware Byte Antimalware (MBAM) this you say i have done but maybe i well do an avast boot scan. any thing that even look funny to me and i know it for sure is not some thing the computer needs it is deleted. i do think i well do a boot scan now. that way i can get threw it before my husband wants on. i will be back after the boot scan. thanks for the extra advice Sharon

sham1313

Re: I just had a very big scare HELP! DID BOOT SCAN Trojans SYSTEM FILE
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »

HELP! DID BOOT SCAN Trojans SYSTEM FILE

File C:\program Files\Windows\Live\phto Gallery\WLXPHOTO Acquirewizerd.exe I type8 to repair all got this
repair:Error 42060 the file was not repair then I click 5 for move to chest and got this  move to chest error 0cxooooo34 object named not found. then i did 3 for move and got this move error0oxcooooo9cstatus_Device_Data_Error
then i click esc and could not start to right before it was done and already going to desktop.

sham1313

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 03:56:05 AM »
I thought that this virus had to do with what we trying to figure out what was going on with my computer this morning but sense i still have no replies not even one that says they you cannot understand me that i should not have tried to finish here but to start a new question in the virus forum. i well let you all know. i did a avast scan just a little while ago and it here it is the results Infected files: 4
Total files: 657879
Total folders: 13105
Total size: 47.7 GB

* Task stopped: Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:33:32 PM
* Run-time was 2 hour(s), 36 minute(s), 47 second(s)

i need to try and fine out what i need to do next.
thanks for getting me this far.
Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 04:16:58 AM »
i forgot to answer you . my husband does but all he ever does is look at stuff on ebay. the computer is all set just like there is only one user. sorry i did not see this one sooner i am in the viru forum now

Is there any other user of your PC?