Author Topic: Norton problem (Solved)  (Read 7957 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Norton problem (Solved)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
It found a key that I missed some how and Avast Is installed and running fine.
Which is this key? It's good to know to help other users.

Marc57, I hope you get better of your kidney soon.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
Thanks Tech.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
Thanks Tech.
Well... I was asking you more info and you just thanked me... Which was that key?

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »
Sometimes i cleaned registry of a program and then later I see another key there. Some installs are real sticky and hard to untangle. Cases where more entries turn up unexpectantly are a bit of a mystery but mostly sorted like where you found the suspect key, deleted, and ran the avast again. Thats what I have found anyway.

But its the AV leftover remnants that cause the problems thats for sure. With most programs a few loose keys and untidy bits are nothing of a problem, but with AV it seems always that there can be problems. Maybe yes, maybe no, but always potential there. And twice as bad with Symantec.,
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
Thanks Tech.
Well... I was asking you more info and you just thanked me... Which was that key?

That question was asked and answered earlier.

You're welcome, RegSeeker is a powerful tool, but in the hands of someone not familiar with the registry, darn dangerous too. like all good tools occasionally you get cut ;D

Can you remember what the key was as it may help others searching for remnants also ?

Sorry David but I didn't write it down (I know I should have, I'm on pain meds for a kidney stone problem so I'm not 100%) If it happens again (I get 2-3 computers to work on a week) I'll make sure to keep track of what it removes.

Thanks again for your help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
Thanks Tech.

That question was asked and answered earlier.

You're welcome, RegSeeker is a powerful tool, but in the hands of someone not familiar with the registry, darn dangerous too. like all good tools occasionally you get cut ;D

Can you remember what the key was as it may help others searching for remnants also ?

Sorry David but I didn't write it down (I know I should have, I'm on pain meds for a kidney stone problem so I'm not 100%) If it happens again (I get 2-3 computers to work on a week) I'll make sure to keep track of what it removes.

Thanks again for your help.
Ok. I'm answered. Sorry for the double asking.