Other > Viruses and worms

Win32:Trojan-gen {Other} Removal problem

(1/2) > >>

srkaza:
Recently, my computer was infected with Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}. After a few scans I realized it wouldn't stop infecting the files C:WINDOWS\invupd.exe\appupdatetwo.exe and C:WINDOWS\invupd.exe\updrun.exe. It just kept regenerating. Off of help from another post, I turned off system restore and ran a boot time scan. That seemed to do the trick, and when the computer finished booting up; no virus. The same day, I cleaned out my temporary internet files and turned on system restore.The next day, Win32:Trojan-gen {Other} infected the file C:\Documents and Settings\srinivas\igLoader Files\platypus\igUninst.exe and C:\Documents and Settings\srinivas\igLoader Files\supergerball\igUninst.exe. What should I do? ???

.: L' arc :.:
 Download and install and update Malwarebytes Antimalware. Please post here the results.

A Hijack This log may help too.

srkaza:
Okay, I ran malwarebytes anti-malware and here are the results:

A lot of Adware.Hotbar (like 300 lines of it).
Trojan.Agent
Trojan.BHO
Adware.ZenoSearch
Malware.Trace
Adware.PurityScan

It found a lot of stuff, but what really scared me was this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) ->
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) ->

Anyway, I cleaned my temp files again and defragmented my hard drive. I restarted my computer, deleted the malware, did another avast! scan, and it found the file again. :-\ Any other solution?

John2009:
Probably a rootkit in your computer. Try RootRepeal(dont know the link sorry!) and post a log of it

.: L' arc :.:
 A virus downloader in your system? Consider posting a hijack this log and let us analyze if some files had been modified, commonly hosts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version