Author Topic: New virus that not detect avast  (Read 11074 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: New virus that not detect avast
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 12:13:44 AM »
You didn't post wrongly, you asked a question about what polonous was trying to convey to you and I put some words in his mouth ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 12:22:13 AM »
well i'm not understanding anything about whats going on. SORRY if i have posted anything wrong.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:54 AM »
No nmb,

It is always good to ask questions, the right questions have made people wiser, because good anwers are explained in detail. There is so many malware around, 1,2 million last year, this year this number could easily double. Not a single av solution that can catch all these variants of malcode - viruses, trojans, spyware, riskware, adware, rootkits and what more nastiness one could feed a computer to get busted on or slowed down or compromised. Absolutely impossible to catch them all with one scanner, so we have to have several layers of defense, a combination of resident and non-resident scanners, online scanners that will not conflict with the resident av-solution, working normal user rights when not uploading or installing or when not needed. Surfing without admin rights  is severely cutting back on the the payload of malware to harm a system. Using in-browser security, using a good two-way firewall, safe online practices, etc. etc. will get us on top of the 2,4 million issues of malware that could infect us. If we were extremely unlucky and had no protection at all we would have some of them on our computer. Iin short we call that closing the vulnerability gap on the machine in question by knowing how to protect ourselves,

polonus

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:32:07 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 12:31:49 AM »
Hi luismiep % nmb,

Most users here also work MBAM and SAS free anti-spyware scanners next to their av-resident av solution on their machines to better close the vulnerability gap.
MBAM will detect this trojan as can be verified here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/malwarenet.php?name=Trojan.Zaplo

okay. but why i was referred in this post?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »
Yes, you were referring to that post, but you asked a question about what polonous was trying to convey and I answered your question about that post.

As I said putting words into polonus's mouth, answering how I believe he would have answered. Which he later confirmed was what he meant.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »
okay okay. everything is fine. i understood everything. no problem.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 12:45:04 AM »
Hi nmb,

Because it was a general advice to the matter at hand in the thread and you also answered in this thread and I think it is polite to also address the other participants of the thread, I like to include everybody, that post there. I knew that DavidR already know these things, because it is one of his hobby horses so to say (working a computer without full rights and layered defense) and I gave links to scanners that find the virus that are mentioned here and do not conflict with or can be used next to avast resident anti-virus.
That is all. I have followed all your recent postings here, nmb, and I like your contributions, they are very interesting, keep posting them, please, we need contributors like you..

polonus (malware fighter)

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »
okay Mr.polonus and Mr.DavidR

i accept what ever you guys tell me. i admire you guys.. :)

its 4:20 in the morning and i haven't slept yet.. i just don't want to leave the forum.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:50:37 AM by nmb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 12:56:03 AM »
No problem, there is always tomorrow ;D

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 12:59:41 AM »
Hi nmb,

Thank you very much, we wish you a good night's sleep and colourfull dreams,

polonus

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
Thank you Mr.polonus