Author Topic: Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options  (Read 5105 times)

aurelius

Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options
« on: May 24, 2004, 11:31:07 PM »
Is it possible that I set Avast4 to block access to the IE Tools/Internet Options?

I have tried to get this unblocked by uninstalling Avast and reinstalling, as I seem to recall that it was one of 3 recommended options when I first installed. I am not sure however.

In any case I have been unable to get back access to this facility and get an error message to the effect that it is blocked. Uninstalling/Reinstalling did not help me.

Thanks in advance   iain

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:48:56 PM »
Hi and welcome to avast,

If avast has such a feature, it sure slipped right past me.  ;)  It sounds more like some kind of anti-spyware you're also using, or possibly even some spyware or other malware itself has gotten into your system.

What other security programs are you running?  I'd suggest they'd be the first place to look, both for their own settings and also to check whether you've maybe picked up a "friend" you don't want.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 11:59:31 PM »
Is it possible that I set Avast4 to block access to the IE Tools/Internet Options?

Like Mike said, I think not. Anyway, Spyware Blaster has this feature  8)
Other browsers can do the same (for instance, MyIE2)  ;)
The best things in life are free.

aurelius

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 10:22:20 AM »
Yes thanks. You are both totally correct. I looked harder into Spyware Blaster - I had to look pretty hard ;) - and found the answer.

many thanks for the replies  8)