Author Topic: Now happening every day  (Read 14506 times)

rainman

Now happening every day
« on: June 11, 2003, 05:30:55 AM »
Re my last thread on this subject dated, June 03, 2003, 04:00:09 AM.
For some reason unknown to me, this problem of "never dial a connection" is now happening on a daily basis on normal boot up.
Please read the full previous posting to fully  understand this problem.
All feedback much appreciated.
The sun is rising & no rain in sight 8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Now happening every day
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 09:14:22 AM »
And, have you or have you not set the UseRAS=1 value to avast4.ini?

I admit that there is a problem in the current version - hopefully will work in the upcoming update, finally... ;)

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Culpeper

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 03:24:20 PM »
Wow, this has happened to me twice now and been a little puzzled by it so I turned off the the disconnect if no longer needed option in IE to see if that could be part of the problem or not.  But I see now that the problem is something else or maybe the two are connected somehow??????

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 08:15:37 AM »
Wow, this has happened to me twice now and been a little puzzled by it so I turned off the the disconnect if no longer needed option in IE to see if that could be part of the problem or not.  But I see now that the problem is something else or maybe the two are connected somehow??????

Okay, turned of  the IE function I mentioned above and no longer having connection problems associated with Avast.  You know, I don't like that IE connection function.  It is very buggy and has caused me problems on more than just this occasion.

rainman

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 10:40:38 AM »
And, have you or have you not set the UseRAS=1 value to avast4.ini?

I admit that there is a problem in the current version - hopefully will work in the upcoming update, finally... ;)

Vlk
Well have I set the useRAS=1 value to Avast4.ini;? well I would do if I could find useRAS in the ini. file, or....is it an additional line I add to the ini. file if so where,
I can't remember seeing this advice anywhere, might have missed it though.
Thanks also culpeper for your feedback.
28c & rising should be another cloudless day 8)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 10:46:24 AM by rainman »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 12:26:11 AM »
Rainman, make a search on this forum for the keyword "UseRAS" - you'll find exact instructions on how and where to add this line.

However, I'd still recommend you to wait for the next update (due very soon) - the current implementation of UseRAS has its problems.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rainman

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 12:16:21 PM »
Rainman, make a search on this forum for the keyword "UseRAS" - you'll find exact instructions on how and where to add this line.

However, I'd still recommend you to wait for the next update (due very soon) - the current implementation of UseRAS has its problems.

Vlk
Thanks for responding vlk, I'll take your advice and wait ;)
33c and no white in the sky 8)