Author Topic: Problems with deployment and licences  (Read 5255 times)

abc-user

Problems with deployment and licences
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »
Hello !

I got two problems on a server.
First of all, i got 55 netclient licences, and only 41 computers are shown in "red/green/black". The others are grey (because without agent) or with a key  (if the netclient is setup on them). Why there is no 55 computers detected with the agent ???
Secondly, i can't setup the netclient on win2003 server or win2008 server. Is there a restriction with the OS ?

Thanks by advance for any help !

wpn

Re: Problems with deployment and licences
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 07:45:34 PM »
check in your AMS maintainance how many licenses you really got in the license file.

the grey computers without agent u should install netclient on ofcourse
if there is a key then it means all the keys are given alraedy and that object cant get a license
did u have obsolete computers in your AD that got licensed while they are not in use anymore? (black icons in ADNM that never contacted the AMS)
if so remove them from your AD and your ADNM freeing up the licenses i think....

for the server family there is a special netclient called   net server   u cannot install the net client for desktops on a server....
create the appropriate packages and installation tasks for the servers

abc-user

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

I tested to do a netserver package for my servers and it worked fine. Thank you for the tip !
I still having problems with the licences. If old computers in the AD were using licences, they are supposed to be in black with an old date in the field "last communication", but it's not the case.
I have a total of 41 computers with agent and no more, all the others are grey or with a key, even if some of them got the netclient.

It's a bit strange :s

Thanks by advance for any help !

wpn

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »
did u check the licenses with the AMS maintainance tool already??  you can find it (nicely hidden) in the start menu, not in ADNM

what kind of licenses did u buy?? complete suites?? 
because the calculation with suites is (if im not mistaken and nothing changed since i bought it): 

ammount of suite licenses / 100 * 10 + 1 = servers (actually of the total + 1)
ammount of suite licenses - servers = total clients to be able to protect

you bought 50 licenses so that would mean 50 - 6 = 44 clients to protect... IF u bought some suite and if my calculation model is still correct.