Author Topic: My Avast 4 Home Edition will be expired in near future…what should I do?  (Read 4324 times)

hihikaren

Hi everyone~~

I am the user of Avast 4 Home Edition antivirus software and my Avast version is 4.8.1335 and my registration key will be expired on 31 July 2009.

I'm also know that the new registration key that I should need to continue my Avast antivirus protection for the future.

Therefore, after I register again and get the new key via email. Is it OK that I just only need to insert the new registration key in the license key icon of “About avast” window and press OK in which without reinstall the Avast 4 Home Edition antivirus software again?

Thanks for kindly attention….

From Hihikaren

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Hihihikaren.
(Sorry. Couldn't resist it.)

You are correct. Not long before your registration expires, the program will actually alert you of this. Just follow the prompts. I've gone through the procedure twice. It's generally painless and problem free. See here, also.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

XxCompg33kxX

This happend with avast pro 4 I had it then i upgraded then key expired so i had to buy a new license

hihikaren

HiHi....Tarq57 ~~

Thanks for your advice...I've just see it...but something I want to clarify is can I insert the new license key now (23 July 2009) in avast before the update expiration is arrival in 31 July 2009....even my system date is correct (same in 23 July 2009)~~ 

Thanks so much for kindly advice~~

From Hihikaren

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks for your advice...I've just see it...but something I want to clarify is can I insert the new license key now (23 July 2009) in avast before the update expiration is arrival in 31 July 2009....even my system date is correct (same in 23 July 2009)~~ 
Sure, you can apply that new license key right now.
The best things in life are free.

hihikaren

Sure, you can apply that new license key right now.

Thanks Tech...I will insert the new key within 1-2 days.....
Thanks for help again~~
From Hihikaren~~