Author Topic: Automatically Delete Setting  (Read 2060 times)

Laserfrk

Automatically Delete Setting
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:40:30 PM »
I’m using Avast Home on my computer and it works very well. However, whenever it detects a Trojan on an incoming email it stops the email server from continuing and waits for a response. During this time, all email is held up from being processed.  My question is; is there a setting that will automatically delete any email with a detected Trojan and not require my input?

Thanks for the help.

Laser

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Automatically Delete Setting
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »
This is one of the limitations of the free Home version, interactive input requirement by the user. However, they can be sent to the chest.

- Internet Mail Silent Mode, with General answer No, see image.
Personally I don't like this option as I prefer to know what is going on with my system.

If you are regularly getting these infected emails, so as to be intrusive and not wanting to be notified about them, perhaps it is time to review your PC security. Rather than treat the symptoms, treat the disease. You can intercept these emails at source (your isp/services mail server) and delete them there, rather than download them.

I use MailWasher Pro, although it is primarily for Spam it is also easy to deal with suspicious emails. There is a free version, but this only works with a single email account. The Pro version works with multiple accounts. There are other anti-spam tools that effectively double as filtering infected emails also.

- Gizmo's Guide to Securing Your PC http://www.techsupportalert.com/how-to-secure-your-pc.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security