Author Topic: avast on-access scanner messages  (Read 6025 times)

sassyblu

avast on-access scanner messages
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »
Somehow this feature got switched on. Hopefully someone can tell me how to switch off this function. Pleasee lol. ;D

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: avast on-access scanner messages
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:47:24 AM »
Hello sassyblu,

welcome to forums

left clicking on the avast tray icon opens up avast on access scanner from there scroll and select standard shield (left hand side), click customize (right hand side ) go to advanced, uncheck show detailed info on performed action. that should solve your problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »
Standard Shield - Left click on the avast 'a' icon, click the Details... >> button if shown, select the Standard Shield provider > Customize > Advanced - 'Show detailed info on performed actions' this option is off by default and shouldn't get switched on. So it would appear someone with access to the system has been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have.

This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sassyblu

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:43:24 PM »
I checked both and nothing helped. There must be
another way to fix this problem. I almost uninstalled it. That would be my very last resort.  8)

Sassyblu

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »
What do you mean you checked both the word checked as a dual meaning a) examined (as in looked at the settings) or b) checked the options, which would make it worse as the option should be un-checked.

There were three areas Standard Shield, Web Shield and Internet Mail, so that makes three shields you need to look at.

If you can give some examples of what is displayed it would indicate which shield it is.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sassyblu

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
:)Sorry I wasn't being specific. My scanner messages are related to internet explorer websites but I looked at standard and webshield. Under Advanced
tab "show detailed info" is not checked. I don't use the email client on my pc.
Hitting "less details" does not effect anything either. ;D

Sassyblu

sassyblu

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »
I also went through all of the shields just to make sure. I have never messed with any of those details.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 12:12:55 AM »
The Less Detail...  button just reduces the Detail in the On-Access Protection window not any scanner messages.

If the Web Shield settings are as this image, then you shouldn't be getting any messages ?

If it is and you are getting messages about web pages you are browsing, do you have multiple accounts on this computer and are you using one with admin privileges when modifying the settings ?

So there is a possibility your installation is somehow corrupt, a clean reinstall would probably be best.
Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall. Ensure that you scroll down and select the avast direct download link for the English version and not Cnet as that is for an on-line installation (not what you want to do).

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

sassyblu

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 03:44:40 AM »
Thank you David R.
I did a fresh reinstall and that fixed the problem. I really
appreciate all the detailed information you gave me.
You were a great help. ;D ;D ;D

cinchez

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »
Glad he helped u^^

BTW Welcome to the forums^^

-AnimeLover^^

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.