Author Topic: Virus Report  (Read 3872 times)

kylix

Virus Report
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:52:59 PM »
Hi guys

I'm all new to Avast antivirus. I use the free home edition.

I did like to know when is a virus report  do or to be made ?

Is it when the program can't repair after it has found a virus ? or is it when it can't delete it.

Right now i get some virus by mail and it can't repair it, but it delete it fine.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Virus Report
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 04:28:43 PM »
I'm all new to Avast antivirus. I use the free home edition.

Wellcome  ;)

I did like to know when is a virus report  do or to be made ?

In avast settings you will se the report options. Choose the ones you like most.
I suggest you disable the reporting about 'ok files' and 'soft errors' to have a 'clean' report. In Home version you are only able to 'see' the report, after you close it, it's gone. You are not able to 'work' with the results. Try Pro version.

Is it when the program can't repair after it has found a virus ? or is it when it can't delete it. Right now i get some virus by mail and it can't repair it, but it delete it fine.

The majority of 'email' attachments virus are not 'reparable'.
The best is delete them.
Some viruses that infect the computer files can be repaired by avast. But in this case, the best is send the infected file to Chest.

Hope this help.
The best things in life are free.

F4

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 10:19:02 PM »
If avast detects a malware such as worms, trojans these kind of malware can't be repaired the way to get rid of it is to delete or kick it to a virus chest (quarantine).If it not succeed in the first place, to delete it you have to go to safe mode and let avast scan you hard disk or use a boot-time scan if you OS is Windows XP.

As you see in a pix, avast has saved me from an old-notorious worms such as Nimda when I opened a web that its server got infected by this worm. You can't repair an infected file, you have to delete or sent it to a quarantine.;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 10:52:50 PM »
Actually, Nimda [Drp] can be repaired using the avast! Virus Cleaner - though if the files are/were just web pages in the browser cache, there isn't much need to care about them.