Author Topic: What do u think of AVG LinkScanner  (Read 10215 times)

js9600

Re: What do u think of AVG LinkScanner
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 01:23:43 AM »
Lets thrash WOT...

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mt-hacks.com

I and others commented months ago but site is still yellow. Notice who submitted warning. See how many posts he have made in profile. Actually I think he is an employee = 100% trustworthy. 1+1 is not 2 at WOT.

But he could be correct or Im sure he is or was at the time. No reason to believe he would try to make WOT look bad - being a known figure and all. He says urls redirect to malwaresites. Possible they were there and gone today - has he checked? Or they are still there and I cant find them! Could be in a post, could be site was attacked by obfuscated plugin/script or whatever. Does not render whole site yellow or red and yet because of his status at WOT that is the case. This is why not to focus on just any complaint and make use of functionality in plugin meaning focusing on redish sites. Basically make it into a modern hosts-file with no blocking of myspace type of sites or ad-servers like opendns sometimes do.

They do have a forum where Im sure site admins. complain loudly of being flagged wrongly. If this becomes common no one will use WOT anymore. Very simple. No one would use an AV if full of false positives either, just look at how AV-comparatives punish them. Spammers and worse will flood site in 1 hour. Dont think it is common though and can be avoided by understanding and adjusting to rating system - going BAH! to less important things.