Author Topic: Restore in Chest  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Fallen-Parts

Restore in Chest
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
Question about restoring a file from the chest. As like many people I had this file:  Win32:Bifrose-EGW [Trj] and in which I put it into the chest. Now after VPS updated which I manually did as soon as I found out it was updated, I went back into the Chest, Scanned it and of course it wasn't a virus (no virus). Therefore I did a restore. It claims it restored back to the original area. However it is still in my chest.  Shouldn't it have disappeared from the chest as my understanding is? I did do a reboot and double checked it. Still there.

Am I doing something wrong? Like I said in the other post I never had to deal with this part of things and only  had a couple of actual virus which I put into chest. But never had to worry about doing restore.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Snagglegrain

Re: Restore in Chest
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:56:08 PM »
According to the Help files...
Restore file. The file will be moved to its original location, i.e. to the folder on your disks where it was moved to the Chest from. Simultaneously, it is removed from the Chest.
Go figure!   :-\

Offline Fallen-Parts

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »
According to the Help files... Restore file. The file will be moved to its original location, i.e. to the folder on your disks where it was moved to the Chest from. Simultaneously, it is removed from the Chest.
Go figure!   :-\

I read that too before I posted here. Did yours moved out of the Chest?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:58:03 PM »
A copy remains in the chest, confirm that the file has been copied back to the original location and if so delete the copy in the chest.

That is by far the safest way (regardless of what the help file happens to say) as if there was a problem whilst restoring you could lose the only file copy.

I almost missed your post as you have posted it in the wrong forum, this one is using the avast 4 server version, which I presume you aren't using. It would have been better in the topic where you previously posted.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security