Author Topic: Should I update to AVAST PRO?  (Read 2061 times)

billwilliams

Should I update to AVAST PRO?
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:00:12 AM »
I recently installed Avast free edition after using AVG for a number of years. So far, I am impressed with what I see.

Upgrading to the pro edition is not overly expensive. I'd be interested on the views of those who have upgraded as to whether they feel the upgrade provides significant benefits.

onlysomeone

Re: Should I update to AVAST PRO?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »
Hi billwilliams!

I upgraded to the Pro version and am happy with my decition.

I like and use the Enhanced User Interface (which is part of the Professional version) and enjoy the additional protection layer of the Skiptblocker-provider...
With Pro you have the possibility to customize all the scans and providers and also automate the action when a virus is detected.

An other good thing is that if you buy your license now, you can upgrade to the avast! 5 Professional edition whenever it comes out. Also an upgrade to the avast! 5 Suite is possible in an inexpensive way. ;)

kind regards
onlysomeone

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
 Have you used the AVG remover? It would be better to remove other remnants of AVG to keep avast at its optimum performance since uninstall of AVG via add/remove wont remove AVG completely & the remnants can interfere with avast's performance.

Good luck in using PRO. PRO's Script Blocker is a really useful shield since a lot of hacked websites are rampant.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

cinchez

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »
Oh yeah!

The Pro Version is really something^^

Recommend it to everyone and to you!^^

Good LucK^^

-AnimeLover^^