Author Topic: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware  (Read 2706 times)

stevey

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:55 AM »
Hi,

I just read this on Malwarebytes forum

Acording to an Avira moderator MBAM Pro and Antivir are not compatible;

"Hi afrinita,

I think that no moderator will recommend you to run 2 real-time protection at the same time as they conflict with each other, what explains freezing. So you have to choose.
I think you can use MBAM for on demand scanner only. "

So, i was just wondering about avast!.. What does the avast! team say? Would using more than one real-time solution cause any problems?

Ta.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
The generally accepted rule of thumb is not to have two resident applications of the same type/classification, since MBAM isn't an anti-virus it shouldn't be an issue with a resident AV. The same would apply to having two resident anti-spyware applications.

I haven't got the slightest idea why they would say that, personally I would be asking why and looking for detailed answers.

There are many avast users that also use MBAM Pro without issue.

You only need to look at my signature to see I also run SAS Pro (resident anti-spyware) and no issues with avast. I also have MBAM free so on-demand, but then again no problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

stevey

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »
Thanks for reply, David. That's good to know. I actually thought they were both of the same type/classification though, since they both detect malware/spyware. But i'll take your word for it.  :)

norel

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
Duplicate
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:54:45 AM by norel »

norel

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »
It's getting harder to predict how these anti-whatevers are going to react to each other. It used to be they were either antispyware or antivirus and they never clashed. Now they all have a little of everything and it's hard to say what they will do.

cinchez

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
@norel

Thats part of the evolution of life^^

Life without problems is just tooo easy^^

Good Luck^^

-AnimeLover^^