Author Topic: computer wont start after 2 antiviruses  (Read 13485 times)

hello2007

computer wont start after 2 antiviruses
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:42:11 AM »
i thought i would try kaspersky so i disabled avast and installed kasp at the same time which i shouldn't of done since i needed to install kasp after totally disabling avast so now my cmputer won't start and im wondering how can i fix this from the cmd line? because it seems i cant fix it any other way, i already tried safe mode it didnt work and i tried the vista recover cd and that didnt work either

rdmaloyjr

Re: computer wont start after 2 antiviruses
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:51:54 AM »
Have you tried system restore to before you installed Kaspersky?

I wouldn't bother with trying Kaspersky, I found it to be screwy.  It would put infections in quarantine then during scans it would warn of the infections in quarantine and put another incident of them in quarantine each time a scan was run!  They were fp's, my MSN mail!

hello2007

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:56:22 AM »
yes im no longer interested in kasp, if its going to give me these types of problems already then forget it. I have avira on too just for on demand scans and it doesnt bother me but kasp made my whole computer not work. How can i delete this from the cmd line i need to get back into my computer lol

hello2007

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:57:16 AM »
i already tried syst restore

matt231

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:27:35 AM »
So what actually happens if you try and boot into safe mode? Does it work, but you just can't uninstall Kaspersky?

hello2007

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 05:49:11 AM »
no i wish. I cant even get into my computer it loads the windows screen (before it displays the logon screen) and then just stays there without doing anything. If i press f8 it goes into the options for safe mode etc but they dont work, non of them load up

and whats strange is with my ubuntu cd i can get into my computer no problem everyting works but if i try to turn my computer on with vista it doesnt load doesnt do anything like i said
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:51:40 AM by hello2007 »

hello2007

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
how can i get into the documents and settings from cmd if anyone knows

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »
i already tried syst restore
This is a problem on antivirus uninstallation... it messes everything.
I suggest you uninstall all antivirus through Control Panel. Use specialized uninstaller tools. Install just one.

See: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
Also see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12079.15

After you use Add/Remove, you should use Avira Antivir RegistryCleaner as well as the appropiate "Uninstallation Package", both of which can be found at: http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html
The best things in life are free.

hello2007

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:35 PM »
thanks tech but theres 1 problem i cant access my computer at all through vista will these removal apps work through ubuntu? because i can access my computer through ubuntu cd or by installing it through the cd

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »
Can't you boot in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222

Then trying to run the uninstallers I've posted before, including avast uninstaller.

hello2007

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 04:49:50 AM »
i cant boot into anything safe mode included thats why im so frustrated with this. I can only boot into ubuntu

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 07:19:12 AM »
how can i get into the documents and settings from cmd if anyone knows

hello2007

you use ubuntu is it then you can do one thing to get into windows drive.
if ubuntu is installed then you cannot open windows drives (may be you can using console, but i dont know how to use console in ubuntu) using the browser(nautilus browser in ubuntu-default).

but instead if you have the live cd then you can boot from the cd and wait for the temporary system to load up. from there you can actually see all the windows drives.

well, at least for me , this happened. in the sense, i had to open the windows drive in the installed ubuntu but i couldn't. instead i used the live cd and have opened it.

it should work for you too.

i think there is no option for you to remove kaspersky installed on windows system using ubuntu.

you can use your windows vista dvd to repair your windows installation may be.

wpn

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »
what a very very nasty sollution MIGHT be is:  start with the live cd, access your drives, throw away the instal directory from kaspersky and see if u can get in safe mode

if u can then run the removal tool and u might be just fine
if u cant then its probably gonna be a reinstallation of the machine (why waste so much time on it to fix something that will be a bit instable), thereby ofcourse using the linux livecd to move your personal files (which shouldnt be on there in a business network anyways) to a network connected computer/server or possibly a USB stick/disk

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
Well, next time you've learned: disable is never enough. You need to uninstall one antivirus and use only one at a time.

hello2007

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
isnt windows live cd not made for vista because thats what i have and im looking at the page and it doesnt say anything about vista