Author Topic: disabling outlook alert window?  (Read 3811 times)

lee_

disabling outlook alert window?
« on: May 27, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »
Is there any way to disable the window that pops up when a virus is found by the outlook provider?  

I'd like my mail collection to continue without requiring manual intervention.  

I'm using the Home version of Avast.  I've set 'silent mode' on the heuristics page.  

Does the Internet Mail scanner work more silently?
Do I need to switch to the pro version?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:disabling outlook alert window?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 08:43:53 PM »
Silent mode in the heuristics mode gives three options in the Internet mail provider (as I believe does the outlook/exchange provider).

However, if you are using Outlook and not OE then the outlook/exchange provider is what you should use (otherwise you are using the wrong provider and may be why the silent mode doesn't appear to be silent or there are no options set).

The Internet Mail provider is for non outlook/exchange email programs, so it's of no use to you unless you are using OE or another non Outlook program.

What mail program are you using, I assume it's not OE?

I'm not sure of the exact options available in silent mode in the outlook provider (I had thought they would be the same)

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 09:48:39 PM »
Does the Internet Mail scanner work more silently?
Do I need to switch to the pro version?

You can only send the file to Chest automatically (Silente Mode > No as general answer)
Yes, Pro version is fully configurable with command <if fails> you can make a sequence of actions to be taken: repair <if fails> move to Chest <if fails> delete...
The best things in life are free.

lee_

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 12:47:13 AM »
I'm using the avast outlook/exchange provider to filter mail i'm collecting in outlook 2003 from POP3 and IMAP mailboxes.  

'Silent Mode' is checked, and my choices are 'let it be delivered,' 'deny access,' or 'mark it in subject field.'  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 02:52:41 AM »
I'm using the avast outlook/exchange provider to filter mail i'm collecting in outlook 2003 from POP3 and IMAP mailboxes.  

'Silent Mode' is checked

Use 'No' as the default answer.
You can only send messages to Chest.
Other automatic actions are only available in Pro version.

my choices are 'let it be delivered,' 'deny access,' or 'mark it in subject field.'  

I think these are 'Heuristic' options and not 'automatic actions when a virus is found'.
The best things in life are free.