Author Topic: clean email message  (Read 19802 times)

luieg1

Re:clean email message
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 08:25:55 PM »
It's weird.  I'm sure that the inbound tag box is checked and there are formats for 4 messages.

Does this help?  I set the outlook exchange to custom setting and check the inbound tag box.  Then, when I roepen the on-access scanner, the setting has gone back to high, instead of custom.  are there any patches that i should download?

luieg1

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 08:27:27 PM »
I think I did something to fix it? Send me a test message @ lgortiz@fastmail.fm

luieg1

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »
Here is the problem.  The tag is not there the first time I check the messge.  But it is there the second time I view the same message.  does this help?  Send me a test message please.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 02:57:30 AM »
Here is the problem.  The tag is not there the first time I check the messge.  But it is there the second time I view the same message.  does this help?  Send me a test message please.

Hello, I'm Technical and I sent you a test mail...
Do you see any attach note at the end of the body message?
The best things in life are free.

luieg1

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 03:06:15 AM »
I did not get the test email.  Try lgortiz@fastmail.fm

I still have the same situation.  The tag is not there the first time I check the messge.  But it is there the second time I view the same message.  does this help?  Send me a test message please.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 03:36:42 AM »
I'm trying the second time...
But, sorry, I'm going to bed  8)
I'll read your results tomorrow  ;)

luieg1

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 03:43:15 AM »
I just got the test message.  I see your outbound tag.  Mine creates an outbount tag, but the inbound tag is intermitent.  I only see thin inbound tag on some messages, nit all.  Even then, I only see the tag the second time I go back to the message, never the first time.

sedina

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 10:46:36 AM »
For the first time it's clear, and for the second time there is a note? Ohhh, it doesn't make me a sense. Could you try following "trick"? in avast4.ini file find "[MailScanner]" section and into this section insert following line: UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1
Has something changed?
To disable this "feature", you can set that variable to 0 (i.e. UseAlternateRtfSyncing=0) or delete that line...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 03:35:32 PM »
For the first time it's clear, and for the second time there is a note? Ohhh, it doesn't make me a sense. Could you try following "trick"? in avast4.ini file find "[MailScanner]" section and into this section insert following line: UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1
Has something changed?
To disable this "feature", you can set that variable to 0 (i.e. UseAlternateRtfSyncing=0) or delete that line...

Pavels, can you post more, I mean, I want to fill the 'Understanding avast4.ini file' forum and I need to know a little bit more about this 'undocumented' feature UseAlternateRtfSyncing. Thanks for your colaboration  8)

sedina

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 05:21:30 PM »
Technical, UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1 tells avast! to use other mechanism for inserting notes into emails in Outlook. The reason is that on some configurations with Outlook the inserting of notes doesn't work properly. Is this enough?  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 09:43:11 PM »
Technical, UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1 tells avast! to use other mechanism for inserting notes into emails in Outlook. The reason is that on some configurations with Outlook the inserting of notes doesn't work properly. Is this enough?  ;)

I don't know... The users' question will answer if it's ok.
Anyway, I do not understand what is RtfSyncing ? Does it concern with Rich Text Format?
I copy your explanation into the major avast4.ini file thread  ;)

luieg1

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 01:11:14 AM »
RE:  For the first time it's clear, and for the second time there is a note? Ohhh, it doesn't make me a sense. Could you try following "trick"? in avast4.ini file find "[MailScanner]" section and into this section insert following line: UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1
Has something changed?

Please dumb this down for me.  I do not know where to look.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 03:54:28 AM »
The avast4.ini file is under C:\Program files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data folder by default. Open it in a text editor (Notepad).
The section [MailScanner] can be found by searching exactly this part of the text, including the [ ].

Add a line with the following text:
UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1

Boot
Restart the system.
Send/receive emails.
Will it work?

More information about the avast4.ini file you can see here.

sedina

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2004, 07:49:48 AM »
Technical, you are right - RtfSyncing is concerned with Rich Text Format. In email you have typically saved both Rich text (HTML) and plain form of message. When you modify one type of message, RTFSync is the right function to synchronize text of message to the second form...

luieg1

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2004, 01:30:41 PM »
Here is an update.

I added the line UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1
right under the [Mail Scanner] section.

No change.  Should I go back and take that line out?

I think you are on to something though.  I only get the tag on the 2nd time viewing a message.  However, there are certain types of messages where I cannot see it at all, especially when it is an HTML email like from a store or newspaper article in HTML.

I know my scanner is working because I set it to provide detailed desctription, which I can see by the taskbar.  I know I have the tag box checked.

This is not a major problem for me, but I'll keep you informaed if you want to use me as a test case.  I'm sure others have the same problem.

More tonight (USA time)