Author Topic: Where can you report a melware infected website?  (Read 7071 times)

Mad_Dog_Matt

Where can you report a melware infected website?
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:39 AM »
Hello, I'm new.
I'm a avast! user for many years, recently avast detected a virus on several websites I visit (iFrame- seems to be drive by)
is there someplace where i can report these sites so that others wont get infected

Jtaylor83

Re: Where can you report a melware infected website?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
Web of Trust (WOT) is a good website rating tool compatible with Firefox and Internet Explorer.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:42:24 AM by Jtaylor83 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
is there someplace where i can report these sites so that others wont get infected
Say to the others to use avast will be easier ;)
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »
I'm a avast! user for many years, recently avast detected a virus on several websites I visit (iFrame- seems to be drive by)

I'm really not sure of the benefit of this action as the sites in themselves are most likely to have been hacked. Once the actual site is informed of the problem, hopefully they will take measures to remove the malware and close any vulnerability so it doesn't happen again.

Now reporting them to anyone for what is hopefully a temporary issue could cause them a lot of grief in the long term, whilst some would say they deserve that for not protecting their site and visitors.

As Tech said protect your friends, contacts by recommending avast ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Avastfan1

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »
Does Avast have a specific function inside the program where you can report suspected malware-infected sites?

I only know how to send potentially infected samples of files.

Avastfan1

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »
Does Avast have a specific function inside the program where you can report suspected malware-infected sites?

Avastfan1

From what I see everytime I force an update, avast submits links/url of infected websites that I visited.

Maybe it is what the "send anonymous statistical reports to alwil" meant?
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »

It doesn't have a specific function to report suspect/infected (but undetected) sites.

There is however, nothing to stop you from sending an email to virus (AT) avast (dot) com as in the past. Give the email a subject "Undetected Malware - Network Shield or Web Shield" (without the quotes); give the URL of the site or page you believe suspect/infected; give a brief description/reason why you think it suspect/infected. There is obviously not going to be an attachment, unless you have a copy of the page.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 07:49:44 AM »
Tech you are joking hehe! ;D
Yeah I know that avast is good and you are right to tell them to use it!

Black3agl3

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
Say to the others to use avast will be easier ;)
Or maybe not.... For those whom I don't like the look of... :P

Mr.Agent

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 04:32:52 PM »
Well i use Avast! for my Web Shield and work great here. I wanted to go in a website and its protected me of it and there was a nasty redirector to a education website lol....