Author Topic: Odd Program Behavior  (Read 2482 times)

Andrewhead666

Odd Program Behavior
« on: July 30, 2009, 11:32:05 PM »
First off it keeps giving me the message that I am using illegal or pirated software. I can assure you that is not the case...

Secondly if it is not giving me the first ridiculous message it gives me another saying that my time is up and I need to buy a new license. This one is kind of cool because my license will expire in about 6 months anyway. Unfortunately I am not getting it anymore and I would like to get the special offer where I can get Avast Pro for 3 years for only $51 or so.

The only other paid virus protection I have is Malwarebytes which was a one time payment of $20. Unfortunately this is not enough to fully protect me. I could always try to be more careful on the internet, but where's the fun in that?  ;D ;D ;D

Lastly: Is it possible that someone stole and redistributed my valid key and got it blacklisted?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Odd Program Behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:35:57 PM »
No. I don't think your key get blacklisted.
Where did you buy avast?
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html
Is your system date/time correct?

I bet on a temporary problem on the license autenticator...

Please, post the last 300-350 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log
The best things in life are free.

Andrewhead666

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 04:00:12 AM »
I bought my license from Avast.com. I only am posting this on the forums because I found out that one of my dumb friends stole the license and used it in a torrent via isohunt.com. I wish he had told me this but obviously something like that is not something you would tell someone. It makes me want to rewrite an isolated version of mydoom 200x stronger and direct it all at him... It makes me want to take storm (the virus) and own him with it... Sorry, I know it's not cool to talk about that kind of stuff on this site. I will be purchasing a new license within the next few days. Why aren't torrents illegal?

onlysomeone

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
You could try to contact "sales (at) avast (dot) com" via Mail.
Tell them your story and see what they say...

kind regards
onlysomeone

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
Like onlysomeone said, tell the story to sales email. Probably that key will continue banned and you'll receive a new one.
The best things in life are free.

Andrewhead666

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
Thanks Everyone. I told them... At first they said tough cookies, but then I found a copy of the original conformation message and they gave me a new one. As for my dumb friend I unleashed havoc on his computer through VNC.

cinchez

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 06:05:29 AM »
Thanks Everyone. I told them... At first they said tough cookies, but then I found a copy of the original conformation message and they gave me a new one. As for my dumb friend I unleashed havoc on his computer through VNC.
Nice...Thats his reward for stealing ur license!^^

-AnimeLover^^