Author Topic: Problem with Removing Agent From Remote Computers  (Read 4257 times)

i_need_help

Problem with Removing Agent From Remote Computers
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »
Hello all

We have a problem when we remove agents from remote computers by ADNM. Although the task is completed, on session section status always says "Processing". It never says "Done". Any solutions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Problem with Removing Agent From Remote Computers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:10:37 AM »
Silly question...

Have you refreshed the page?  It doesn't update itself in real-time.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:05 AM »
We have a problem when we remove agents from remote computers by ADNM. Although the task is completed, on session section status always says "Processing". It never says "Done".
IMHO it is by design... It is not bug, it is a feature... :-)
As I know, when agent is removed, client has no way how to communicate with AMS server.

I think that slightly more serious problem is, that session is in processing state after installation task (when option automatic restart is checked)

wpn

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »
Paba is right

since the client cant communicatie anymore with the ADNM server, it can not tell that it is installed, thus the endless state of processing (its mentioned in the manual too i believe).
Its not a bug, its a feature ;)
the only way you can quit the processing status is to select the task and stop it manually (after ofcourse making sure the uninstall was completed)

The only thing i can think of right now for ADNM to check if the product is uninstalled is to do a check
on the directory that is set in the installation package which was deployed on that computer, if the complete
directory is not present then the package has ben uninstalled, this check should be done after 15 minutes or
so after the uninstall task started giving machine time to uninstall and reboot. If the directory is not present
then the task should be completed and the object labelled as not installed.
thats my 2 cents...

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:05:15 PM »
I think that slightly more serious problem is, that session is in processing state after installation task (when option automatic restart is checked)
But that behaviour "is a bug..." because after deployment (and restart), when agent start communication with AMS server should installation be switched to "done" state. But it cause only when I choose "don't restart" option at installation task... this behaviour was reported, but nothing get better.... :-(
But I count it is as minority problem, nothing serious