Author Topic: only able to load in Safe withOUT networking  (Read 3527 times)

yellowrose7480

only able to load in Safe withOUT networking
« on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:17 AM »
Desktop Running XP sp3 just installed
4.8 home version
Build: Feb2009(4.8.1335)
it ran & IMMEDIATELY stated that to get everything would need to reboot well believing it I said Yes God I wish I hadn't... Now when I let it finish I came back & windows was loading ...or so I thought.. Windows Logo on screen being to load when a Blue Screen Pops up too fast to see or read then back to the bios loading  then option of safe modes... Try Safe with networking I get the EXACT same error BUT I am able to load in REGular safe mode with no issues....I loaded Safe mode then let run then proceed to see that it was detecting ITSELF in the scans & had failure to move ANYTHING to chest keep stating that found trojan in the temp files...but was able to delete those no issue... FUnny thing is it was able to scan my usb music drive in SAFE BUt I am not even able to get the computer to detect it...

ANy Assistance would be GREATLY appriciated

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: only able to load in Safe withOUT networking
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Hello yellowrose7480

which other security products are you using in conjunction with avast?

and before avast what other product did you use?. how did you get rid of it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »
Can you say what is the infected file name, where was it found (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx)?
Also, the name of the virus will help.
But, mostly, what nmb asked about other antivirus programs.
The best things in life are free.

yellowrose7480

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
when I check the chest error reports:

Program Cannot use Chest client: (null)
--> Description: Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.

when checking for the virus getting
      Application 1988                                 Sign of "Win32: Trojan-gen{Other} has been found in "C:windows\System32\reader_s.exe" file            this one 3 times once with Application 1988,2496, then 1988

Application 1140                                 Sign of "Win32: Walivun [Trj] has been found in "C:\document and settings\name\local settings\temp\_avast 4_\unp135765930.tmp\UPSNR_8612391.exe"file there are about 60 of these the the number varying slightly

Application 1140                                 Sign of "Win32: Trojan-gen{Other} has been found in in music files
      Application 1140                                 Sign of "Win32:Cutwail-J" has been found in "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{781b9e0a-a9f9-4d72-8cbe-54724b1293cb}\rp627\a0043379.sys
    Sign of "Nutcracker family" has been found in "C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data\Symantec\Shared\QBackup\{110dac0a-edfe-4b8f-b3b8-66becc16cd9f}.qbi" file.

Have norton on the computer

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
Description: Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.
Have norton on the computer
You can't have avast working with another antivirus.
They will conflict and you can even blocked to boot!
1) Remove NAV or Norton 360 through Add/Remove programs from Control Panel. Boot.
2) Use Norton Removal Tool for Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Norton Removal Tool for Windows 98/Me. Boot.
3) Install avast! (or repair the installation) and boot.

The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products and Norton 360 from your computer.
The best things in life are free.

yellowrose7480

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »
I can't Download OR load anything... I am only able to get to Safe mode not even safe mofe with networking...I've even tried restoring the computer to a time BEFORE I put avast on so that I would then have the net so COULD get the Norton uninstall program then remove then reinstall avast once computer clean of Norton... that also Fails...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:22:24 AM by yellowrose7480 »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
Read the instructions, download and burn (maybe from another computer), finally use one of this rescue CD's:
1. Dr. Web
2. Avira
3. BitDefender
4. Kaspersky
5. F-Secure

use any one of these and do a scan. turn off system restore if you can before doing this.

it should remove all the infections.

then remove the norton using add/remove and the norton uninstaller.

remove avast and reinstall it.

that should solve, hopefully.

bobo1

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
Hi,
Enter safe mode & try and uninstall norton through add and remove programes and uninstall avast to try and get your computer stable on normal boot.
Then if your internet works get norton removal tool to get rid of norton products & reboot twice & then try and download the latest avast antivirus ;)