Author Topic: Today update  (Read 9964 times)

Defence

Today update
« on: August 02, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
Why not update today avast home? I think updates send only pro users :(

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Today update
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »
090801-0 is the latest one pal

cinchez

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »
+1
Whats ur definition?

-AnimeLover^^

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »

Did you mean program update?
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

There is no fixed update schedule, this is the same for both versions.

The auto update process checks for updates when you first connect and every 4 hours if you remain connected. If a VPS update is available then it will be downloaded and you get the opo-up and audible notification it has been done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Defence

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »
My VPS, 090801-0 1.8.2009.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 06:03:28 PM »
that is the latest one pal. you dont have to worry..

Black3agl3

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »
My VPS, 090801-0 1.8.2009.
Defence: Then... I think this solves the problem... Unless u may want 2 try the pro version n the home version simultaneously to check...

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
Defence: Then... I think this solves the problem... Unless u may want 2 try the pro version n the home version simultaneously to check...

You would need 2 systems to do that and even then the 4 hour checkup time would be different.

On my 2 systems they usually update within 2 hours of each other depending on which system was booted first and used longest.   

onlysomeone

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
In version 4.8 both programs Home and Pro are updated at the same time... that means that the updates are available for both versions at the same time...
this will probably change with avast! 5, but I'm not able to give you any detailed information... (but it won't be a decreasement of update-rapidness for the home-version but a rapidness-increasement for the professional version...)

Black3agl3

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 06:29:58 PM »
You would need 2 systems to do that and even then the 4 hour checkup time would be different.

On my 2 systems they usually update within 2 hours of each other depending on which system was booted first and used longest.   
yeah sure that u would need 2 systems... but can't u boot the two systems n manually click update now from the program menu?

Black3agl3

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
In version 4.8 both programs Home and Pro are updated at the same time... that means that the updates are available for both versions at the same time...
this will probably change with avast! 5, but I'm not able to give you any detailed information... (but it won't be a decreasement of update-rapidness for the home-version but a rapidness-increasement for the professional version...)
how do u  know that??? do u work for avast?

YoKenny

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »

yeah sure that u would need 2 systems... but can't u boot the two systems n manually click update now from the program menu?
This is about automatic updates not manual updates.

I think you worry too much.

onlysomeone

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
how do u  know that??? do u work for avast?

No, I'm not working for avast!... (yet) ;) ;D

Take a look here: http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/avast-5-quick-preview

Black3agl3

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »

This is about automatic updates not manual updates.

I think you worry too much.
hey I was just trying to help defence... But are the updates really 'sent'?
Or is it the software that connects to the avast site n checks for updates?