Author Topic: computers aghhh  (Read 6469 times)

jthomson3rd

computers aghhh
« on: July 25, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »
i assume i'm annoying because i  post so often, but my computer just shut off and restarted on its own...
and i got this message..
so i guess i'll try to run MBAM

THEN TO check a highjack this log....it is huge.. do i just copy and paste each entry into google?

onlysomeone

Re: computers aghhh
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »
A really easy way to check the hijackthis-log is to use their log-analyzer...
it helps you structuring the entries of the log and shows you the oppinion of other users.
http://hijackthis.de/en

and you of course also can attach your log here and some of the forum users have a look at it :)

onlysomeone

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »
The image isn't actually that helpful, what would be more helpful is the 'data this error report contains.' This can be copied and pasted into a post.

Then attach the .log file it produces to the post, Additional Options in the Post window.

Though I'm not entirely sure a HJT log file will be very relevant to resolving this problem. Unless it is malware related, in which case I would have run MBAM first as that could clean up some issues before running HJT.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jthomson3rd

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
The image isn't actually that helpful, what would be more helpful is the 'data this error report contains.' This can be copied and pasted into a post.

Then attach the .log file it produces to the post, Additional Options in the Post window.

Though I'm not entirely sure a HJT log file will be very relevant to resolving this problem. Unless it is malware related, in which case I would have run MBAM first as that could clean up some issues before running HJT.
to get a copy of 'data this error report contains.'  do i have to wait til my computer turns off onme again.........

the last time it hapened when i was trying to connct to Adobe contribute

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »
Effectively Yes.

You click on the 'click here' link when the window is open and (copy the text and or find the file which is quoted), however if you have already closed the window you will have to wait until it occurs again.

The problem is that there is no guarantee that the cause will be the same.

That is why it is important to gather as much information when it happens.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jthomson3rd

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:09 PM »
i think the last time i clicked that link a microsoft website link opened and it gave me a bunch of things to try like uninstalling recently added programs ect.

but i'll try to gather more info

jthomson3rd

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 08:57:14 PM »
A really easy way to check the hijackthis-log is to use their log-analyzer...
it helps you structuring the entries of the log and shows you the oppinion of other users.
http://hijackthis.de/en

and you of course also can attach your log here and some of the forum users have a look at it :)

onlysomeone
nice tool! it said to check this site to seee if i recognize it

http://dlm.tools.akamai.com/dlmanager/versions/activex/dlm-activex-2.2.4.3.cab

naturally i do not recognize it.. i wonder if fixing it could possibly be a bad move

jthomson3rd

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
maybe this was the problem..
from a recent super-anti-spyware log

Trace.Known Threat Sources
   C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-EBBFCF9347\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\T0ZBN4OQ\crossdomain[3].ivn

jthomson3rd

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 12:42:07 AM »
the restart crash thing happened again, that computer is off now so i'll get more info tomorow

i put it in safe b4 shutting down did a quick scan with malware bytes, super anti, and avast and came up with nothing, then i did a high jack this log

ran the log in analyzer and it looks good. so tomorrow i'll update my super anti spyware database run that again and i'll go about getting more info relating to the "serious error"

Effectively Yes.

You click on the 'click here' link when the window is open and (copy the text and or find the file which is quoted), however if you have already closed the window you will have to wait until it occurs again.

jthomson3rd

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:14:30 AM »
checking on that one questionable file 'http://dlm.tools.akamai.com/dlmanager/versions/activex/dlm-activex-2.2.1.6.cab' in google

http://www.spyandseek.com/Search.php?search_for=%7B4871A87A-BFDD-4106-8153-FFDE2BAC2967%7D&search=SAS-Search

most results say Bad and a few unknown
but hopefully fixing this will fix things, should i do this fix in safe mode?

if you go to the site this file is from http://dlm.tools.akamai.com looks like a safe/ genuine site..

i initially saw this file after the first crashes but didn't fix it cuz of the 'unknowns' and the problem seemed to go away, but now i'll fix it 

jthomson3rd

SERIOUS Error details
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »
Effectively Yes.

David,
so i thought getting rid of that bad file from my high jack this log would solve everything, but then it just turned off by itself again twice,
i got all the details this time

however when i search for    mini080209-01.dmp  in my log it doesn't find it
nor does it seem to find werfd40, am i doing this wrong?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:56 PM »
I don't know what you are doing wrong as these files shouldn't be hidden.

Rather than do a search for it try navigating to the folder using windows explorer. Or try a search for WERfd40 that should find the sub-folder in Temp where the files should be.

jthomson3rd

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
oops  yes i see from the report that these files should be easy to find... they arent hidden i was just looking in the wrong place.  i was looking in the highjack this log bt i will just do a regular search, i notice the word temp
thanks for getting back to me

```````````````````````
in a normal search
i found the mini0802 file but couldnt find the sysdata file..so then i ran a ccleaner and disk cloeanup, so hopefuly its gone\
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:00:46 PM by jthomson3rd »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 09:31:27 PM »
You're welcome.

Remember these files aren't the cause of the problem, but 'more details' of what the problem was.

A bit like shooting the messenger as these files are meant to help find out why the problem occurred.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:33:10 PM by DavidR »