Author Topic: JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] help  (Read 2644 times)

alphalucy

JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] help
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:57 AM »
Hi. I just searched the forum and decided to register to ask you about this. Three questions, actually...

Avast (4.8 Home Edition) detected JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] in a zip file I downloaded it. Before I open anything, I always right-click the file and have Avast check it for me, so that's how it was detected. But I wonder why it didn't warn me in the middle of the download process? Because it did that before and I don't get why it didn't this time. The zip file was not password-protected and I didn't change my Avast preferences. Is there a way I can make Avast always warn me in the middle of the download process?...

Ok, upon detection, I told Avast to delete the infected file (as opposed to quarantine it) and then I think there were some options in the alert window about "delete on boot/delete all" or something like that? I think it was all checked... Sorry, my Avast is in portuguese and I'm trying to remember as much as possible...
After I hit the "ok" on the Avast alert window and it closed, I proceeded to delete the infected zip file and then again from the recycle bin.
After that, I ran a complete Avast scan and it didn't say anything else.
BUT... I did NOT reboot my computer yet.
I'm wondering if I did the right thing (or everything right) and if it's safe to reboot?

I'm so sorry and I know this might sound a bit lame, but I'm not used to this (hardly ever happens) and now I'm wondering if anything might happen once I reboot... Especially since I don't know what this JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] is supposed to do?... Can I find that kind of information on the Avast website or only here in the forums? Anywhere else safe and reliable?...

Thanks much, your help appreciated.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: JS:ScriptIP-inf[Trj] help
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
 Are you browsing the internet during that time?

So far, what you did is great and seems like there wont be any spread of infection.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1