Author Topic: Back Web Client????  (Read 3404 times)

iddawg717

Back Web Client????
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
 ??? I had to run the recovery disc to an out of box state yesterday evening. After installing Avast and restarting the computer I received a pop up about "Back Web Client" I did a google search for "Back Web Client" one of the programs it said that would take it out was "Malwarebytes Anit-Malware" I installed the program with an installer I had in a flash drive and got it up to date. I have done a boot scan with Avast and scanned with SuperAnitSpyware Professional and did the scan with Malwarebytes all said I have no infections. The next thing I did was to restart my system to see what would happen I did not receive any pop ups about "Back Web Client" or any thing. Did I have the virus to begin with and if so where did it go. Is it still in my system or not?  ??? I do not want any thing that is going to cause me problem in the future.
Please forgive me if this message sounds like I am rambling; I have not gotten any sleep at all.
Please advise.
Thanking you ahead in this matter,
iddawg717
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 12:52:58 PM by iddawg717 »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Back Web Client????
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
Never heard of this, but there is a bit of info about it here (www.cexx.org) that might reassure.
Apparently it often seems to be bundled with some third party software, or possibly particular computer brands.
Yahoo answers (which I seldom consider authoritative, but this one looks spot on) is worth a look too.
Bottom line, it's not malware (probably) but may be a program you'd prefer gone.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »

iddawg717

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
I forgot to  put this in the original message I call Toshiba and the service rep told me that it plays havic with the registry.
Thanks.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »
Informative of the rep  ::) I guess it's a Toshiba computer, then.
The client is also often installed with Kodak or Logitech applications.
See if you can find an uninstall option.
You may want to give Revo uninstaller a try. If you are not used to using this, ask. There are traps. Specifically, with the registry (when it's doing a clean) it is real important to expand each item found, and only delete the bolded ones. http://www.revouninstaller.com/

iddawg717

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »
I am running a Logitech mouse but I have had it for two years and have never gotten any thing about "Back Web".

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »
So have you found it in the program files area yet?
Check the first link in my original reply. It will tell you all you need to know.
And don't worry. Get some sleep. ;)