Author Topic: i am not sure where to ask this  (Read 17122 times)

sham1313

Re: i am not sure where to ask this
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 03:22:37 PM »
     sence I did  not get an e-mail saying to send the 1st one or the last on. it will take me a few min. in between eash one., but will start with the 1st and will do all  8 in less some one sense stop. they are all cookies.
I have done a real stupid thing but I think some one can tell me how to get the logs I need. I unstalled the antisuperspyware before I copied the logs I need now. when I unstalled it gave me a choose of keeping the logs and quriitteen {spelt wrong} would some tell me how to fine them???

thanks Sharon

Hi Sharon, All those file threats are just cookies. They are nothing more than a very minor privacy issue, are easy to remove, and are nothing to worry about.
More "cookies" will reappear every time you browse the internet. They can easily be removed, but I wouldn't worry about them, the cookies are not the reason your computer is crashing and restarting.

If you can locate the log that you wrote about above, where it says
File threats detected     : 1
File threats detected     : 8
File threats detected     : 5
File threats detected     : 4
File threats detected     : 5
File threats detected     : 14
my guess is that cookies will also be the "threats" detected, but I can't know without seeing the logs.

I think the reason your computer is crashing is either a hardware problem (loose wires or modules, failing RAM, failing power supply) or that it is overheating. If it is overheating, check that there is enough airflow to the box,( for example, a laptop should not be placed on a carpet, as that can obstruct the vents underneath,) and inside the box will be two fans. One for the power supply, the other for the CPU. Check that there is not large quantities of dust packed in there. If there is, gently blow it out with compressed air. (You can buy cans of this). Don't touch any of the areas where things plug in to other things/ circuit boards etc. Just blow the dust out. (Have a vacuum cleaner ready! There can be a lot of dust.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »
Don't worry about the logs, for now.
Just see how the computer runs with Superantispyware uninstalled.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 03:57:08 AM »
OK  thank you every thing seem OK. I will let you know if the weird screen comes up again or if I here that sound like it is trying to hard.
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 04:04:28 AM »
Please do let us know. If it behaves, SAS was probably the problem.
If it doesn't, it's probably one of the other hardware issues mentioned.
As I said in the other thread, fingers X'd.

sham1313

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
yes I wil let you and every one know how it is doing. some time back your sent me a site that I could learn me all the things like that sas. I do know os is operating system, but can not fine that site that will help me learn all of that.

when I get caught up right now if you have not sent me a site by then. I well start searching thew all the post you have sent me to see if I can fine it.
thanks again.!!! Sharon   :)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »
Do you mean a site that lets you find out what abbreviations like "SAS" or "HJT" (etc) stand for?
1) If you don't know, just ask,
2) Google "abbreviation SAS" (or whatever it is), or
3) Just google "SAS".

9 times out of ten the answer will be evident from the search results, without having to open the site.

(SAS, BTW,= SuperAntiSpyware. And if you see any text on a reply here, or at some other forums, that has that dotted underline, like I've placed Here, then move the cursor to it, and the text will open in a tip box.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:09:52 AM by Tarq57 »

Spiritsongs

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 04:22:26 AM »
 :)  Hi Sharon :

Perhaps your laptop/notebook is crashing because it is overheating !? Have
 you looked into possible getting a cooling pad like I mentioned in One of our
 emails ?
 As to the "cookies" being reported, you could better manage them by using a
 FREE "Cookie Manager", like the FREE "CookieWall" available from several Sites,
 like www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm  or
 www.spychecker.com/program/cookiewall.html . There is a little explanation
 of this program at www.spychecker.com/screenshots/cookiewall.htm .

I doubt "SUPERAntiSpyware" is causing your problem !?

sham1313

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 04:44:45 AM »
will I am going to try two  things I going to see if I can fine the post you sent me way back when I will try a google search again. here is one thing i am always Leary of. On a different question I did a google search because I could not remember if the serial no or the product number you should never give out. I saw in a different forum  and I  would have to go threw history search to fine out witch one it was. but I had read a few post and saw that a serial number of the computer is just the a number to the computer and never give out the product. I was about to go back to one of the threads I have going and had  reply from some one that sense he did not need either number and neither one should me giving to any body.

a bit earlier I sat down and was just typing on the parrot forum and herd that sound again but it was not near as bad and I trying to figure out witch ones it is more like. 1 is sound like it is try to hard to stay going and the other is like the fan is over heatting. for less then 10 min the sound ease up. no weird screen or any thing els. just that sound. now thee is no sound at all.

I just tried to send this and Spiritsongs reply came in and I well reply to that one too.
thanks Sharon

Do you mean a site that lets you find out what abbreviations like "SAS" or "HJT" (etc) stand for?
3) Just google "SAS".

9 times out of ten the answer will be evident from the search results, without having to open the site.

(SAS, BTW,= SuperAntiSpyware. And if you see any text on a reply here, or at some other forums, that has that dotted underline, like I've placed Here, then move the cursor to it, and the text will open in a tip box.)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 04:57:15 AM »
Just a bit of a point, here Sharon, but what you've typed above, quoted here:
will I am going to try two  things I going to see if I can fine the post you sent me way back when I will try a google search again. here is one thing i am always Leary of. On a different question I did a google search because I could not remember if the serial no or the product number you should never give out. I saw in a different forum  and I  would have to go threw history search to fine out witch one it was. but I had read a few post and saw that a serial number of the computer is just the a number to the computer and never give out the product. I was about to go back to one of the threads I have going and had  reply from some one that sense he did not need either number and neither one should me giving to any body.

a bit earlier I sat down and was just typing on the parrot forum and herd that sound again but it was not near as bad and I trying to figure out witch ones it is more like. 1 is sound like it is try to hard to stay going and the other is like the fan is over heatting. for less then 10 min the sound ease up. no weird screen or any thing els. just that sound. now thee is no sound at all.
bears no relationship to what I posted, nor (it seems) to what you asked about the site where you find out what sas means.(This post
yes I wil let you and every one know how it is doing. some time back your sent me a site that I could learn me all the things like that sas. I do know os is operating system, but can not fine that site that will help me learn all of that.
)
So I don't know what you are saying or asking, here.

sham1313

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 05:06:35 AM »
I am getting caught up on my reading some. I have kept every e-mail you sent and I am going threw all of them again to try and fine the one you mention the cooling pad in.  is there a special  type of cooling pad to look for.

the sites you just sent me is going on my bookmark in a special floder. I still have a lot of reading to do but prayer's are being answer because I am able to think and concen trate better. I have those 3 sites up and plan on reading them till mikes wants on the computer and that can be any time. thanks you one in all I am getting better not just on bookmaking but also having certain files that have just what there suppose to have in them. I have a lot of notes and tip s in certain places that are there to help me if I forget or is some thing different to start.
 have a good day or night because I think this will be my last post tilll morning.
thanks Sharon
 I have just missed sending this out becuse another post as come in but I am going to send this any way

sham1313

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 05:12:30 AM »
so am i suppose to put this above or below this  quote. maybe I don't know what quote means. I thout it had to do with being a reply to that certain post. sorry people mikes wants on will catch ya when I can and thank you
Sharon

Just a bit of a point, here Sharon, but what you've typed above, quoted here:
will I am going to try two  things I going to see if I can fine the post you sent me way back when I will try a google search again. here is one thing i am always Leary of. On a different question I did a google search because I could not remember if the serial no or the product number you should never give out. I saw in a different forum  and I  would have to go threw history search to fine out witch one it was. but I had read a few post and saw that a serial number of the computer is just the a number to the computer and never give out the product. I was about to go back to one of the threads I have going and had  reply from some one that sense he did not need either number and neither one should me giving to any body.

bears no relationship to what I posted, nor (it seems) to what you asked about the site where you find out what sas means.(This post
)
So I don't know what you are saying or asking, here.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 05:19:44 AM »
so am i suppose to put this above or below this  quote
You're best to put the post, or part of the post, you are answering above the answer, as I have here.
You appear ot know what "quote" means, OK.

What I don't understand, is your question a few posts up, that reads:

when I get caught up right now if you have not sent me a site by then. I well start searching thew all the post you have sent me to see if I can fine it
and I answered that, and what I was thinking is that you needed to know what acronyms, like "sas" meant, and were looking for a site that could give you their meaning.
I think I might have been wrong in that, it doesn't seem now as though that was what you were asking at all, based on your reply.
So, sorry, but what were you asking again?

sham1313

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 07:50:29 AM »
   I don't know why this one thing happen to me on a lot of times  post I am try and do whether is right here on the post or a notepad. I will get it almost does and take my eyes away from the screen towards the key to make sure I am typing
the right key and I look up and it is on a different page some times if I go back or farward I can fine but I did not get lucky this time and I had it wrote correctly I thought. but here goes again. I remember a post you sent some site on and you mention some thing I need to read to get familiar with. I took that to be the sys  os atf and things Like that maybe I red it wrong and it met to get fermiller with programs and file be called a certain. I then stated that I always said the word letters because I did not think I could spell the other 2 words close enough that the spelling check to do some thing with if I sound them out. here I will try again I thing one well be pertty close. (abbreviation} or anditchels. meaning like sys atf os I would all ways say the word letters and not the other 2 words cause I could not spell them close enough..
  did I make sense this time last time I said it so much better. thanks and good night. Sharon I hope this makes sense. the other one was so much better. I do one you can tell. one more things of corse it is diffent if I am doing a notepad and down here where I am tying now. but it seem I do it a lot of times. i reason I have to write and rewrite. good night this time for sure.

thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 04:45:11 PM »
3) Just google "SAS".
 I am sure this is it I was doing good this moring and I fell and paper went ever where so it will take me a while to sort  out and try to fine what I am go to put in each Quote or post and so on. this is a start let me see if I can do what I need to or not
thanks Sharon

sham1313

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
I think I am doing the quote right but my 1st one I dont think I did it right. I hope you see it.  when I go here from my mail  to here I don't see where I am suppost to be at. after this one I am going to reread and see if I can redo what I had wrote in long hand. I think it will be eaiser and quicker.

so am i suppose to put this above or below this  quote
\
   I think  this is the part I did not put in the right spot earlyer.  this is what I ment.
3) Just google "SAS".
 I am sure this is it I was doing good this moring and I fell and paper went ever where so it will take me a while to sort  out and try to fine what I am go to put in each Quote or post and so on. this is a start let me see if I can do what I need to or not
thanks Sharon
What I don't understand, is your question a few posts up, that reads: