Author Topic: i am not sure where to ask this  (Read 17127 times)

sham1313

Re: i am not sure where to ask this
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
I am going to try and fine some thing like that but don't just know what to look for

Perhaps your laptop/notebook is crashing because it is overheating !? Have
 you looked into possible getting a cooling pad like I mentioned in One of our
 emails ?

the think I can't understand it is it reboots and suppose to have deleted them, but did one right after that just to see if every think was., and it found more. spyblaster and malware didnot fine any thing.

As to the "cookies" being reported, you could better manage them by using a
 FREE "Cookie Manager", like the FREE "CookieWall" available from several Sites,
 like www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm  or
 www.spychecker.com/program/cookiewall.html . There is a little explanation
 of this program at www.spychecker.com/screenshots/cookiewall.htm .

I think maybe  the blue scrreen I gor was from that. maybe the other screen were not the antisuperspyware. am I doing it right now. Sharon

I doubt "SUPERAntiSpyware" is causing your problem !?
[/quote]

sham1313

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 05:35:50 PM »
:)  Hi Sharon :

email
I think I said this earler hope I did not put it in the wrong spot that I am think of that when my husband come home today I have a few things on the computer we need to decuss.

As to the "cookies" being reported, you could better manage them by using a
 FREE "Cookie Manager", like the FREE "CookieWall" available from several Sites,
 like www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/cookie.htm  or
 www.spychecker.com/program/cookiewall.html . There is a little explanation
 of this program at www.spychecker.com/screenshots/cookiewall.htm .

I doubt "SUPERAntiSpyware" is causing your problem !?

sham1313

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
the sound I have told you about that come from the computer  was makeing  a   mmmmm sound very lightly. it was doing the sound last night and it is  doing it now. sence I have been up it would get a  little bit lounder and then a tad lower again.  when mike hear that he just say's that is the fan. the computer some times you do not hear any thing. that sound or any think at all. I think that sound has been on all night. it  have to get louder and soundsany body. the sound is still going now but it is just faintly now. it has just stop now.
am I doing better now or worse.

a bit earlier I sat down and was just typing on the parrot forum and herd that sound again but it was not near as bad and I trying to figure out witch ones it is more like. 1 is sound like it is try to hard to stay going and the other is like the fan is over heatting. for less then 10 min the sound ease up. no weird screen or any thing els. just that sound. now thee is no sound at all.[/quote]
bears no relationship to what I posted, nor (it seems) to what you asked about the site where you find out what sas means.(This post
yes I wil let you and every one know how it is doing. some time back your sent me a site that I could learn me all the things like that sas. I do know os is operating system, but can not fine that site that will help me learn all of that.
)
So I don't know what you are saying or asking, here.
[/quote]

sham1313

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 05:50:04 PM »
I went back to the begging and went threw every post I hope I did the quote right this time or did I do worse this time.
Sharon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:34:38 PM by sham1313 »

sham1313

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
I am not sure my last reply went or not so one more time I will ask if some one things I should go back and modify every post I have wrote or waite to see if I have any trouble and star a new thread.
thanks Sharon
I am try to think if I need to go back  two some of the rest that I did not reponed and delet a much the nonsense but before I think of that to hard I need to fine the post about what the computer is doing with the sound it makes
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:08:23 AM by sham1313 »

sham1313

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »
we have talk a little about this so i am leaving this one a lone.and some of the others

Please do let us know. If it behaves, SAS was probably the problem.
If it doesn't, it's probably one of the other hardware issues mentioned.
As I said in the other thread, fingers X'd.

sham1313

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »
I think this one is handel I though I would just right this here incase you wanted to reply here and see if I am doing better.

Do you mean a site that lets you find out what abbreviations like "SAS" or "HJT" (etc) stand for?
1) If you don't know, just ask,
2) Google "abbreviation SAS" (or whatever it is), or
3) Just google "SAS".

9 times out of ten the answer will be evident from the search results, without having to open the site.

(SAS, BTW,= SuperAntiSpyware. And if you see any text on a reply here, or at some other forums, that has that dotted underline, like I've placed Here, then move the cursor to it, and the text will open in a tip box.)

sham1313

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
othere is one quote above what were talkiing about am I doing the quote right and  I am going to  do what is below. this is not suppose to be a quote here but to ask are you suppose leave the hole posthere and then put one or more quote threw out the post. I think I may  did a cupple of [quote or Modify the same one a cupple time too. I think I see now how I am suppse to reply and post. and want to say one more time I am very sorry for messing up badly like I did.

Do you mean a site that lets you find out what abbreviations like "SAS" or "HJT" (etc) stand for?
1) If you don't know, just ask,
2) Google "abbreviation SAS" (or whatever it is), or
3) Just google "SAS".

9 times out of ten the answer will be evident from the search results, without having to open the site.

I hope I am doing the quote right now putting the answer above the part you are talking about.

(SAS, BTW,= SuperAntiSpyware. And if you see any text on a reply here, or at some other forums, that has that dotted underline, like I've placed Here, then move the cursor to it, and the text will open in a tip box.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:48:09 PM by sham1313 »

sham1313

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 02:01:24 AM »
this is part fo 2 different post so I can can talk about them easery.. now the sound does not get super like it was. there are a few time today the computer was silent but not for long. it keep going from not much of a sound and  get as bad at it did. the left side under the vent it was running fast and was kind hot it would of kind of burn a tiny little when you touch it. I am pertty sure it is the fan. , I am going have to look for a cooling pad just a pad.  that Spiritsongs as told m about. like i have said a few time the 2 blue screen was a conflick I with the antisuperspyware and the other one I am having. will be fixed after I get the cooling pad. I hope the cooling pad does not cost much

now again for the last 1  or 2 hours. the sound well go from none to a little to kind as bad and as i type  this  sounds is even getting a little wose just because the sound I have told you about that come from the computer  was makeing  a   mmmmm sound very lightly. it was doing the sound last night and it is  doing it now. sence I have been up it would get a  little bit lounder and then a tad lower again.  when mike hear that he just say's that is the fan. the computer some times you do not hear any thing. that sound or any think at all. I think that sound has been on all night. it  have to get louder and soundsany body. the sound is still going now but it is just faintly now. it has just stop now.
am I doing better now or worse
-----------------------------------------------
next time goes to the store I am going to have Mike look for a cooling pad to put under the computer acooling pad to put the computer on. I think maybe it is just what we have talk about
------------------------------------------
 email
I think I said this earler hope I did not put it in the wrong spot that I am think of that when my husband come home
today I have a few things on the computer we need to decuss.

sham1313

Re: i am not sure where to ask this just saying thank you all
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »
I have all the information in long hand and one spot in a file on the computer. very much thank you all
Sharon ;D

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »
I would be a good idea, before you get the cooling pad, to open the case (or get Mike to open it) and check behind the CPU fan for dust build up.
Sometimes just blowing it away from the external vents is not enough. You can't get a blast of air where it is needed from outside.

The fan will automatically change speed according to how warm it's getting. If it is hot to touch, almost hot enough to burn, that is an indication it is overheating, and the fan will be running fast to try and cool it.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »

Should I reinstall SAS or wait. how offen are you suppose to do all of theses program?

SAS spyblaster. malware and of coarse the Avast scanner? in a little bit I should have the list of all things to go over with my husband. then he can do his part and me mine. then I can tell  after were threw with all of  that how the computer is doing witch I think it would and should be great.

Please do let us know. If it behaves, SAS was probably the problem.
If it doesn't, it's probably one of the other hardware issues mentioned.
As I said in the other thread, fingers X'd.

sham1313

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

[/quote]

What does BTW? then this word acronym what is the full meaning of that word. I soon will be staying off of the computer for awhile.
Sharon
I hope to post and tell ya in the next coupple of days how the computer is doing. till them thanks to one and all.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
Generally BTW means By The Way in this context/use.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sham1313

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
thank you.
Sharon