Author Topic: I can't work  (Read 2972 times)

waldovera

I can't work
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:12:02 PM »

:-X

I can't work, I can't write a complete line because EACH TIME that I recieve a message with virus appears the famous warning window "A VIRUS WAS FOUND!" and always ask me to delete, move or repair.

How can AVAST could delete the virus directly without ask me?

PD: I had 28 interruptions while  I was writing this message each time that appears your warning window.  :-X

whocares

Re:I can't work
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:17:40 PM »
Hi,

imho you could set the mailscanner to silent mode and tell avast to move infected messages to chest automatically..

more automation is only possible in the PROF version; also see avast documentation/FAQ's and use the search here.. ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:I can't work
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:16:32 PM »
As whocares said, you can run the email scanner in silent mode and send to the chest.

You could also set your email not to check for email so frequently, say every 15-15 minutes or so.

From the number if infected messages (email?) in such a short time you must have a huge volume of mail. Does most of your virus warnings come through one account?

The reason I ask is one of my email accounts is virtually unusable due to spam and the occasional virus - I have efectively abandoned it other than use as a spam trap and delete virtually everyting from that address at source don't even download it (mailwasher pro 4.1).

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security