Author Topic: Not Recognized as Registered  (Read 2833 times)

cyberqtf

Not Recognized as Registered
« on: August 10, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
Hi.  I'm new to Avast Home and to this forum.  I wanted to file a support ticket today, so I went to the support page on the Avast Home site, put in the email address I used when registering yesterday (and at which I received an acknowledgement from Avast that I had registered successfully).  I wanted to request a password, but when I put in my email address, I was told "ERROR: Invalid Email Address specified. The Email Address is not registered."  I am sure that I put in the right address, so now what do I do? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Not Recognized as Registered
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »
That being the case, it may be quicker posting the problem you have here in the support forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

cyberqtf

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:02:58 PM »
Thanks, David, for your response.  I probably will post my problem here, but I would hate to be without a way to contact tech support directly if I'm going to continue to use Avast.  Hence, I'm still very eager to find out how I can get them to recognize my registration.   Perhaps not enough time elapsed from when I received the email to when they put me into their system?   ???  I guess I'll try again.

cyberqtf

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »
Well, I did try again.  Still no luck.  >:(

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
Hi cyberqtf,

As DavidR said, it will probably quicker/easier to post your problem here but,
Did you receive an email that looks like this when you registered?

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

You have now successfully registered at our Support Desk. Please refer to the following details:

Fullname:xxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxxxxx

You can visit the Support Desk at any time by going to http://support.avast.com/

Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Thank You,

ALWIL Software a.s.
As
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:24:44 PM by spg SCOTT »

cyberqtf

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:25 AM »
Hi cyberqtf,
Did you receive an email that looks like this when you registered?

Thanks VERY much, spg SCOTT, for this very helpful response.  I think you may have identified the source of the problem.  I did NOT receive such a message.  I registered two times, once registering the Avast software and once registering for this forum.  I didn't realize that I had to register with the support desk as well.  When I went to the Support Center and saw the word Register, I thought it referred to registering Avast, which I had already done.  So I went straight to "Submit a Ticket."  After reading your message, I went back to the Support Center page and looked more carefully.  Apparently Register did not refer to registering the software, though since Avast kept making such a big deal about registering the software, I assumed it was still pushing the same issue.  ::)   Thanks for quoting the message I should have received.  That's what clued me in.  I'll now go register...again  ;D