Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 1648 times)

gigi_sorr

Two questions
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »
Hello to all ...
I am sorry,I don't speak english fluently...
I have two questions for you ...
1) When will I be able to download and install
Avast 5? (Wow, I can not wait to install it on my PC !!!).
2) How is the discovery of new viruses?
Every time you discover a new virus, how long do you build a security update?
By downloading the malicious code that has not yet been discovered, your machine/PC is it not break?Is it not dangerous for your machine?
Must be a very tiring, very hard work for all of you: thanks to all of you to Avast ...
Also, to quickly analyze the code of new viruses, you are very experts in programming:is that right?
Thanks again to all of you ...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Two questions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »
#1 Early selective beta testing is going on, but October is when it is likely to be released, depending on how the beta testing goes.

#2 there is no fixed time frame, it is more dependant on the priority assigned according to how serious it is. There are time when this happens quickly and others when it isn't very quick at all, but they are always trying to improve detections and submissions of new samples help in this regard.

These are my own comments as an avast user, I don't work for Alwil software, the makers of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security