Author Topic: computer cashing this is the question I could not bring up in the other post  (Read 24495 times)

sham1313

I have answer one other  post sense I started doing this again and want to make sure I tell you that all of the site that are sent to me. are going on my books in a special folder.  sense you have a Pavilion too I want to make sure you and every one here know that I  am trying to do much better at how I am doing each Post.
thank you a lot. sham1313 {Sharon}

Hi sham1313

I have an HP pavillion

Ok, I have a Pavilion as well (see signature bellow each of my posts). It's very important to know the exact model as this helps us know if there are any parts that might be causing this. compuyrt

Follow this link to see how you find the exact model number.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c00033108&product=18073&dest_page=product

Once that is done post back with the exact number model.

sham1313

so for it is doing ok, but would like some one to tell me if having the computer on small 1 inch blocks that our in a certain spot's to keep it from being flat down on the computer desk. is that ok or should it have some  els {can't spell that last word}  under it. I want and need you and every one that has got me as far as I am.  :)
Thanks!!!  :) Thanks!!!  :) Thanks!!!   :) Sharon  :)
   I am going to leave it on for a few times at night to see if it is all better now or should I keep shuting it down at night and durring like I have been doing witch is also turning off during the day some times.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
If it has vents underneath, it should (in theory) be OK on a flat surface without the need for blocks. But certainly blocks would not hurt, and might make a difference. One inch is more than needed, but OK. Also important that any side of it that has vents is not hard up against a wall. Leave at least a half-inch gap.
All good for cooling.
Try leaving it on, if it normally stays on, see what happens.

Good luck.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

I will try to make this as short as I can so you can understand this model no witch is dv6809wn.

This model is not on HP's support page. However dv6809wm is.

I do have the serial no and product. number. I know one of them I am not suppose to give out if you tell me witch one  I can send you the other number

I don't need either of these and to be safe, DO NOT DISCLOSE THESE unless HP asks. The model number only helps because we can know the exact product specifications, which can be found at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01438926&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3708190

Now, just to get this right.
You start the computer and everything is fine. After a while, the fan is louder and then the screen starts to change color and displays strange patterns. Is this the problem? I am asking just to make sure.

sham1313

I hope I do not to get confused here I keep going to the end of my mail and starting from the botom up. I guess I need  to open the mail from that certain day and time. because I am answering this last one you wrote and not the one that  that came after the last one that would have posted. I hope you understand what I just wrote. the blocks that are under the computer are  to help with 2 things so it would be up closer to me and easier for me to type. and to have the computer up off the desk.
I will  remove things that are farther away  from the computer all a round it, because there is stuff on on the side and back of it. the cloist 4 inch's on one side.
thanks sham1313  sharon ;D 

I am scared if I change any thing here I well mess up.  the above is what I wrote when this post you wrote came in. or maybe this one post I am doing now should be on one of the other post you have sent me. still trying to  :)
thanks again :)
Sharon

If it has vents underneath, it should (in theory) be OK on a flat surface without the need for blocks. But certainly blocks would not hurt, and might make a difference. One inch is more than needed, but OK. Also important that any side of it that has vents is not hard up against a wall. Leave at least a half-inch gap.
All good for cooling.
Try leaving it on, if it normally stays on, see what happens.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:24:25 PM by sham1313 »

CharleyO

Hi Tarq -

To be sure there is nothing wrong with taking the cheap route first. I have no experience with SAS and if there are some limited problems with it, you would know that better than me.

The video card could be the problem as you mentioned but the power supply giving incorrect voltage is a remote possiblity. Then again, something as simple as overheating due to clogged vents could be the problem but it seems from Sharon's posts that those should be relatively clean.

Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this problem soon.

sham1313

can you tell my post's are inproveing CharleyO and Tarq
thanks again sham1313 {Sharon}

Hi Tarq -

To be sure there is nothing wrong with taking the cheap route first. I have no experience with SAS and if there are some limited problems with it, you would know that better than me.

The video card could be the problem as you mentioned but the power supply giving incorrect voltage is a remote possiblity. Then again, something as simple as overheating due to clogged vents could be the problem but it seems from Sharon's posts that those should be relatively clean.

Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this problem soon.

sham1313

I guess I really don't need to reply here Bit I wanted to thank you  again for helping me and wanted to see of I can figure out if I did  right by answer to each one as I did.
Thanks Sharon :)

sham1313

I had one last e-mail and I am not sure if I should reply to when some els is talking to some els here other them me if I should repond there to not.
thanks Sharon

sham1313

I think I might have mess up how I did the quoe in my other thread I have that kind of goes along with this one. so I am just going to reply here this way only with this post till the noise either get real loud again or I get a wierd screen.

the sound I have told you about that come from the computer  was makeing  a   mmmmm sound very lightly. it was doing the sound last night and it is  doing it now. sence I have been up it will get a  little bit lounder and then a tad lower again.  when mike hear that he just say's that is the fan. the computer some times you do not hear that sound or any think at all. I think that sound has been on all night. if it  get louder and and or get a wierd screen or a reply then I will be back.
thanks Sharon

CharleyO

The sound you are hearing is most likely the fan - more noise when the fan speeds up for more cooling when required. If the fan is making more noise when the screen problems happen, then most likely something is overheating.

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
the sound I have told you about that come from the computer  was makeing  a   mmmmm sound very lightly. it was doing the sound last night and it is  doing it now. sence I have been up it will get a  little bit lounder and then a tad lower again.  when mike hear that he just say's that is the fan. the computer some times you do not hear that sound or any think at all. I think that sound has been on all night. if it  get louder and and or get a wierd screen or a reply then I will be back.
thanks Sharon

Well, you are using Vista right?

So let us eliminate the issue of software base problem.

Sharon, the next time you open up the computer, Just power it up and don't open any programs (nothing)
Next click in order, and hold down this specific sequence of keys on your Keyboard:

Ctrl  Alt   Delete

When you see a screen (very lovely background color) appear. At this point let go of the keys. The screen will contain a list with five options:

-> Lock this computer
                                                       -> Switch User
                                                       -> Log off
                                                       -> Change a password
                                                       -> Open Task Manager

Move the mouse pointer and click on:  -> Open Task Manager

The screen will disappear and you will see your desktop plus a window with the Heading:

Windows Task Manager

This window has multiple tabs. We are interested to see the tab marked:

Performance

Now look for something called CPU usage in this window. Mark down the percentage. (It's oscillating so just pick a moment and write down the value in percent) Do this every 10 min or so, until the computer starts making that mmmmmmm sound you described. Observe what hapens to the CPU Usage when you hear the fan louder. Does it go up? Is it constant?

Post back with questions and observations :)
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

sham1313

others posts of came in sense I started this but I want sent in as it is

I am pertty sure I have learn a lot from all that has help me and I thank you very much....the people here  have gave me a lot to be able to fix the computer problems that I am having.. one is that it is over heating and  I do too.   that is why the computer is crashing so much, but the 2 times the screen went blue I think had to do with conflick from  antisuperspyware. my malware and spyblaster found nothing, but the antisuperspyware found File threats detected  but only in the cookies. I need to make sure I say this the right way  I notice that after it was rebooted it did not delete all the files and would fine more when I did another scan right after I did the 1st one...  { the word conflick is missed spelled and I don't think doing the spelling check is going to do any good}

till I have a chance to get the right type of cooling pad I have made sure that every thing is a certain distance away from the computer all way around it. I have it up off the computer desk with small block under it and I make sure they stay in a certain place and not covering the air vents. Mike take care of all loose wires and stuff like that and most of the rest is left up to me. Mike also does almost all of the computer clean making sure dust dones not build up any where.

I have also found two tiny fans. at times before I found the fans. some times I would hear that one kind of sound again  it nerve got real bad and I have not had any more weird screen of any kind. it is very sensitive fan. I had a paper towel by it once and herd that sound.  the only thing close was a  paper towell. I have the little fans a few inches away from the vents. when the fans are it sound great. if there left off and I am doing some on the computer. I hear that sound starting but very lightly. if I am not doing any thing on the computer and the fans our off there is no bad sound at all.
       I have a couple of can's of air on a list the next time Mike goes to the store.
with Mike handling certain things on the computer and me  on the rest I think the computer has  a good chance of being fixed and  staying fixed. thanks from all of you even the ones that got upset with me.
 thanks Sharon

The sound you are hearing is most likely the fan - more noise when the fan speeds up for more cooling when required. If the fan is making more noise when the screen problems happen, then most likely something is overheating.

sham1313

I put this post on the other thred I have because of the part of the blue screen.

I am pertty sure I have learn a lot from all that has help me and I thank you very much....the people here  have gave me a lot to be able to fix the computer problems that I am having.. one is that some thing it is over heating and   I do too.   that is why the computer is crashing so much, but the 2 times the scheen went blue I think had to do with conflick from  antisuperspyware. my malware and spyblaster found nothing, but the antisuperspyware found File threats detected  but only in the cookies. I need to make sure I say this the right way  I notice that after it was rebooted it did not delete all the files and would fine more when I did another scan right after I did the 1st one...  { the word conflick is missed spelled and I don't think doing the spelling check is going to do any good}

til I have a chance to get the right type of cooling pad I have made sure that every thing is a certain distance away from the computer all way around it. I have it up off the computer desk with small block under it and  Imake sure they stay in a certain place and not covering the air vent. Mike take care of all loose wires and stuff like that and most of the rest is left up to me. Mike also does almost all of the computer clean making sure dust done not bulid up any where.

I have also found two tiny fans. at times before I found the fans. some times i would hear that one kind of sound again  it nerve got real bad and I have not had any more wierd scheen of any kind. it is very senitive fan. i had a paper towel by it once and herd that sound.  the only close was a  paper towell. I have the little fans a few inches away from the vents. when the fans are it sound great. if there left off and I am doing some on the computer. I hear that sound starting but very lightly. if I am not doing any thing on the computer and the fans our off there iis no bad sound at all. I think I have a liitle more to say about this but my mind just went black.
       I have a cupple of can's of air on a list the next time Mike goes to the store. he is going to pick some up.

I have a file that has tips to fine out how to fix certain things on the computer.  I have a file started to put words I can't spell and more file for other things, other things being like how to refer to doing a probe post. I have a lot of reading to do on the sites every one has sent me help me.

with Mike handeling certains things on the computer and me  on the rest I think the computer has  a good chance of being fixed and  staying fixed.

sham1313

it to me on and off all day to just do the last post I just sent. and O well feel pertty bad if that post is still not done proberlly. on this post I am going to have read it many times and make sure I understand it.
 I just reread and I have had task manager up before when I had to click on control alt delete because of a program not responding. I won't be on much longer now. I thank all of you for helping me.
            thanks a lot Sharon
                         some of this wierd screen  started happing a long time. I had  tried to fix but I did not know how to do a prober post if my last post is ok then I well have takin a big step forward.

now about this post it is going to take  many times of reading and studing  on each step of what you say to do. at the beging of the wierd schreen when I got the 1st 2 and they were blue. the sound some times was very bad and was not making a light mmmmm sound . there was 2 ways I decribe the sound 1 was like it was running to fast the other was it was to trying to hard to do some thing

the sound I have told you about that come from the computer  was makeing  a   mmmmm sound very lightly. it was doing the sound last night and it is  doing it now. sence I have been up it will get a  little bit lounder and then a tad lower again.  when mike hear that he just say's that is the fan. the computer some times you do not hear that sound or any think at all. I think that sound has been on all night. if it  get louder and and or get a wierd screen or a reply then I will be back. yes I am runnung windows vista.  I have certain information saved to give out on the computer when I am needing. like it being a windows vista,  it is a HP laptop and all that. J am trying to put the informatio in a way that some times may only need what I sent to help me pproper.

thanks Sharon

Well, you are using Vista right?

So let us eliminate the issue of software base problem.

Sharon, the next time you open up the computer, Just power it up and don't open any programs (nothing)
Next click in order, and hold down this specific sequence of keys on your Keyboard:

Ctrl  Alt   Delete

When you see a screen (very lovely background color) appear. At this point let go of the keys. The screen will contain a list with five options:

-> Lock this computer
                                                       -> Switch User
                                                       -> Log off
                                                       -> Change a password
                                                       -> Open Task Manager

Move the mouse pointer and click on:  -> Open Task Manager

The screen will disappear and you will see your desktop plus a window with the Heading:

Windows Task Manager

This window has multiple tabs. We are interested to see the tab marked:

Performance

Now look for something called CPU usage in this window. Mark down the percentage. (It's oscillating so just pick a moment and write down the value in percent) Do this every 10 min or so, until the computer starts making that mmmmmmm sound you described. Observe what hapens to the CPU Usage when you hear the fan louder. Does it go up? Is it constant?

Post back with questions and observations :)