Author Topic: computer cashing this is the question I could not bring up in the other post  (Read 24503 times)

sham1313

starting the next question I need answer. for some time now... when I have had trouble others problems have a occured and I was wantting to many question and answer at a time and I am trying hard to correct that issue. but for a long time I have had this problem over and over again. some times I here a different sound in the van like it is trying to
hard to  keep the computer cool. I am guessing here. the sound is back like I thing it should be right now it does not sound like it is over heating. but if it would keep that kind runing to hard sound like it was doing just bit ago for a certain leath of time it would turn the desktop to a certain pattern back ground and see nothing but that back ground. no Icons just a simple  pattern look. the only way to shut it down is the hard way by holding the on and off key down till it goes off. witch as takeing up to almost a min to do. leave it off about 15 to 30 mins and it would right for a longer period of time...  some time I have left on all night to do a last  avast scan or some thing like that. most time it goes off at night and some times threw the middle of the day for a hour or two. doing it like that I still get a wierd scheen like I told you above...  that has been lately, but the in the past when it 1st started a long time back it even got black screen some times with words and some times not. at the very begining  I got a couple of blue screen...  I beleve all these times that the computer was crashing...  hopefully there is some thing not to hard that I can go step by step with who is  kind enough to helping try and do this...  is this possiable???   if nothing is done I think it well keep crashing till it does not work any more...  any time I have mention this is when other troubles that was going on and some of it I thing was accounted to do because of the computer cashing. 

now I am not wantting to start another question but I thing it need to come up here because it may have to do with the computer cashing  more. if it is then you can help me better now, but if it dones not!!!    then it would be my next question...   there are two things that come up after every time the computer comes on. one is for a java update witch I am not sure why it does it on start up and it well say if I  started the program then click allow witch I did a coupple of times and the rest I did not because I never started the program to begin with...  the other is some windows live messger come up and wants me to sign in. some times I inor it. then one time to just see what it would do I click sign in and I belive it was another mistake because I did because it did not sign me in all the way and I saw it had to do with windows xp...  when I saw this I was just going to unstall it but I did not install any messager at all. that was there and a 4 to 6 others window ess  that I did not install but they are there. I was not sure If I needed to unstall all of them or what. if this is part of the trouble now with the computer cashing.  I will  type all the other programs that are there and you can tell me if they all should be unstalled. maybe I was trick into thinging i was getting some thing the computer needed and those programs came along  with it. that is a guess but it is all I can think of. 

in case you did not read my 1st question that I started a few  days ago I am using a windows vista HP computer  with service pack 2. let me thing a min ans see if I can tell you any more information on the computer.

I am sure you well need other infromation and if you will let me know what it is and where to fine I will get it sent to you as I can. mike is wantting the computer now to look at ebay.  in the morning if witch guestion this one or the 1st one get a reply I well dill with that one till there is no more reply.  then welll go to the other question and work on it. it would be nice to here if I am getting any better at writing the question and all the other stuff that I am working on to make it easyer for other to help me. I scared to say this but I well if I am still not doing it right let me know and I will try to correct what ever I am still doing wrong.
thanks Sharon

I know you will ask if there is any other user of this computer and the

answer is yes. one witch is my husband. but thre only thing he ever does

is suff e-bay a coupple of other auction and a very few other sites. I am

the only one that does any els to the computer is me. most of you know I

am not very good at doing  the things I need to do computer running

right.  if this last part has nothing to do with the computer cashing just

some one that is not at falut and well stay with why is my computer

crash? also is there some thing that some one can help me with me.

I am half way temping to delete the last part that I am not sure if it

could be some thing to do with why the computer is crashing more. but on the other hand if it does not have any thing to do with making the computer cash that i may mess things up by bringing another problem up, but sense it might be part problem I will chance it and leave it in the post.
thanks Sharon

sham1313

I have found out threw a friend the I sent  the information to you in the wrong way and a lot of what I wrote was not about the problem.  I did not know if the other stuff I wrote was making the problem worse or not. but let me see if with my friends help if I state it this way is a lot better.

My computer is cashing and  the screen is changing (Strange pattern, black screen, blue screen.) I have an HP pavillion
Laptop. My is and HP computer running with windows Vista I have to hole down the off and on key to shut it down witch some times takes up almost a min. just before it does this it sounds like the fan is running faster than
normal, but I'm not sure. is this better this time.

I was told that some of the crashing maybe do to a  software conflict with my antisuperspyware
thanks Sharon

\

CharleyO

Hi Sharon -

I could be wrong but I doubt that SuperAntiSpyware is causing the problems you are describing. To me, it seems to be more of a hardware problem from your description.

sham1313

Is there a way to fine out if is a hardware problem? if it is a hardware problem is that fixable to do at home or is that some thing only the shop can fix?
Thanks Sharon

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
Hi sham1313,

I have an HP pavillion

Ok, I have a Pavilion as well (see signature bellow each of my posts). It's very important to know the exact model as this helps us know if there are any parts that might be causing this.

Follow this link to see how you find the exact model number.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&docname=c00033108&product=18073&dest_page=product

Once that is done post back with the exact number model.

Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

sham1313

I will try to make this as short as I can so you can understand this model no witch is dv6809wn. that numbers and letters are on the back of this computer. walmart, my husband and I all saw the letter N and not a M
     my husband bought it at wallmart in West Sacremento CA. when I got it in my hands and getting connect to the Internet I called HP for help. they could not fine that model number I had to call back to wallmart getting them to fine certain information to give to hp. I was using Cnet  forum at that time. I told them about HP saying they could not fine it because it was out of warranty.

HEAR IT IS PLEASE READ!!!

a person at Cnet did some research for me and found this out they said the last letter should be a M for English speaking and N for Spanish speaking. I only talk English.  some time before that some one  from cnet said I would do better in my own language witch he thought I spoke Spanish. I do not speak Spanish just English. when I prove this to HP by give them all the infomation from cnet and walmart. then they started helping me and did fine this computer.
thanks Sharon

I do have the serial no and product. number. I know one of them I am not suppose to give out if you tell me witch one  I can send you the other number

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
I will try to make this as short as I can so you can understand this model no witch is dv6809wn.

This model is not on HP's support page. However dv6809wm is.

I do have the serial no and product. number. I know one of them I am not suppose to give out if you tell me witch one  I can send you the other number

I don't need either of these and to be safe, DO NOT DISCLOSE THESE unless HP asks. The model number only helps because we can know the exact product specifications, which can be found at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01438926&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3708190

Now, just to get this right.
You start the computer and everything is fine. After a while, the fan is louder and then the screen starts to change color and displays strange patterns. Is this the problem? I am asking just to make sure.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

sham1313

some time back I got a blue screen  2 times and that happen when it sounded like it was going to fast I have a friend on the internet and he thinks maybe the blue screen is maybe a software conflick.

{the rest he maybe loose wires or modules,failing RAM power supply}
   My husband handles the stuff like loose wires and such and I try to handel the rest.

my laptop is on one inch small cube's place in a certain spot so the vents all get there air
 the other screen's I have told you about has at one time or another come up on the computer. after I walk away from the computer and come back 15 teen or 30 min later. then it also sound like it is running to fast.

if I hold down the off key till it goes off I leave it off a while and turn it on and it works again.

I had this wrote below while your reply was coming it.
I did a google search and found out  from another forum and red this. the serial number to the computer is just that a computer number and not to give out the product no. I am glad I red your post before I posted it.
thanks Sharon
 let me know please is I am stilll writing thing in the post that should not be there.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
    some time back I got a blue screen  2 times and that happen when it sounded like it was going to fast I have a friend on the internet and he thinks maybe the blue screen is maybe a software conflick.

My husband handles the stuff like loose wires and such and I try to handel the rest.

my laptop is on one inch small cube's place in a certain spot so the vents all get there air
 the other screen's I have told you about has at one time or another come up on the computer. after I walk away from the computer and come back 15 teen or 30 min later. then it also sound like it is running to fast.

if I hold down the off key till it goes off I leave it off a while and turn it on and it works again.

This sounds very much like a video card issue. The problem is that your specific type of video card seems to have heating issues. This can't really be fixed apart from replacing it although in this case there might be another thing.

Dust could have built up in your air vents preventing them from working properly. You can follow these links which gives a bit of info on what happens whit heat build up as well as how to clean air vents.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01007591&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c00292159/en_ca/c01007591/loc:3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&product=3708190

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&product=3708190&docname=c01657439

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=236663

Try to clean the air vents and see if the issue persists. For my laptop i do this regularly (once a moth or so)

I did a google search and found out  from another forum and red this. the serial number to the computer is just that a computer number and not to give out the product no. I am glad I red your post before I posted it.
thanks Sharon
 let me know please is I am still writing thing in the post that should not be there.
I'm not getting this. As you said, you should not give out the product no as this deals with you specific laptop. The model number gives me.anyone an idea of the components your computer is made up of. But again, as you said do not give out the product no.

The rest is ok.

Computer Systems:

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0

Hi Sharon -

I could be wrong but I doubt that SuperAntiSpyware is causing the problems you are describing. To me, it seems to be more of a hardware problem from your description.

Hi CharleyO,
You are probably correct.
It was me that suggested the removal of SAS, as I've had problems with it as reported at their forum, and know of at least one other user with a similar problem.
I seem to remember Sharons problem with the crashing might have started around the same time SAS was installed on her system, don't know for sure, but thought is was worthwhile trying out a removal just in case.

I'm inclined to agree it sounds more like a hardware issue, but it's worthwhile checking the cheap options first.
Also recommended a can of compressed air for the fans/cpu.
Did not think of the video card.
Hopefully these ideas will bring a resolution.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

I forgot to tell you we go threw a can or 2 in maybe 1 to 3 month. does that sound right.
 thanks both of you if I see a weird screen or here that certain sound I will let you know.
thanks Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Fingers crossed.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
Computer Systems:

sham1313

I am rereading every thing here  and are answering those that I got more information out of.  just my husband is the one that use''s the can of air. I will have him show me where to use it too.  then with both of us know where and how to use it. I will see to cleaning every thing on the computer. Mike husband} is better at cleaning the computer that I am. my part is to keep the  all the things updated or  installed or unstalled and all the rest of it. I am still going to read more on the sites that you sent me. I am going to put them in a folder just for them.
I thank you and I know there might be 2 or  more post here I need to learn more of and reply to them like I am here. thanks again Sharon

J may have answer 2 post here

some time back I got a blue screen  2 times and that happen when it sounded like it was going to fast I have a friend on the internet and he thinks maybe the blue screen is maybe a software conflick.

This sounds very much like a video card issue. The problem is that your specific type of video card seems to have heating issues. This can't really be fixed apart from replacing it although in this case there might be another thing.

Dust could have built up in your air vents preventing them from working properly. You can follow these links which gives a bit of info on what happens whit heat build up as well as how to clean air vents.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01007591&tmp_track_link=ot_recdoc/c00292159/en_ca/c01007591/loc:3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&product=3708190

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&product=3708190&docname=c01657439

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=236663

Try to clean the air vents and see if the issue persists. For my laptop i do this regularly (once a moth or so)

I did a google search and found out  from another forum and red this. the serial number to the computer is just that a computer number and not to give out the product no. I am glad I red your post before I posted it.
thanks Sharon
 let me know please is I am still writing thing in the post that should not be there.
I'm not getting this. As you said, you should not give out the product no as this deals with you specific laptop. The model number gives me.anyone an idea of the components your computer is made up of. But again, as you said do not give out the product no.

The rest is ok.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:53:29 AM by sham1313 »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
So is it running any better, or do you still have the problem?