Author Topic: computer cashing this is the question I could not bring up in the other post  (Read 24491 times)

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
This is starting to sound more and more like a hardware problem, I'm afraid.

I am leaning on this side as well because of the computer video card.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01438926&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3708190

A quick google with the key words: "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M heating problem"
leads to one result which would confirm Tarq57 suspicion.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/02/nvidia-says-significant-quantities-of-laptop-gpus-are-defectiv/
below this article User Ashraf posts:
My HP Pavilion dv9610us has a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M and it has the same overheating issue. If I leave the laptop alone playing videos, the left side (exhaust) would overheat.

Now the fact that he's playing games will lead the video card overheat, more than the day to day stuff, but still the NVIDIA video cards have had issues with building up heat (so no surprise there).

The reason for my posts was to eliminate the possibility of a software led problem?

Would updating the driver help?

At this point i'm not sure there are many options left.   :-\
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

sham1313

finally was able to can of compress air for the computer but I was surprized very much when it cost $8.95 radio shack had a certain type of material to put under the computer it cost 3.63. they really over $5.00 but when it was messing with cash regestor and I only 13.05. when they were threw it cost 12.95.

I am not sure how far back some one was saying it maybe was the sound card. I  am not sure if we figure out if that might be the problem. I just hope with a very threwal cleaning and being on this special material also the two little fans I have on each side that has help some before. maybe that will fix it.I will see how it does now.and if it act up again I will let you know just as soon as it does and if it don't I will just check in and tell it is doing ok.

when this stated way back when and got those 2 blue screen I think iy was a conflick with antisuperspyware. witch it is still unstalled.

sham1313

finally was able to get a can of compress air for the computer but I was surprised very much when it cost $8.95 at radio shack had a certain type of material to put under the computer it cost 3.63. they really over $5.00 but when he was messing with cash register and I said I only $13.05. when they were threw it cost 12.95. just like MD got change back.

I am not sure how far back some one was saying it maybe was the sound card. I  am not sure if we figure out if that might be the problem or not. I just hope with a very detailed cleaning and being on this special material also the two little fans I have on each side that has help some before. maybe that will fix it.I will see how it does now.and if it act up again I will let you know just as soon as it does and if it don't I will just check in tomorrow evening my time witch is PST and tell you it is doing OK.

when this stated way back when and got those 2 blue screen I think it was a conflick with antisuperspyware. witch it is still unstalled. sense then have had different weird screen but no more blue. I think what was happen for a while. there were different thinks going on at the time as well as I have said before I am not computer smart or as one said to me a few post back.  PEBKAC= problem exists between keyboard and computer....
meaning the user..., and I still say I am smarter then him ;D

now I think my wirerless mouse is going out on me but it has lasted threw 3 computer.
I thank every one very very much that has help me and even the ones that has got mad at me. I even learn a new word from one.  :) ;) :D ;D :o :o 8)
sham1313    Sharon

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
I think it was the video card mantioned as a possible cause, rather than the sound card... ???
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

not sure if I should do this back in this topic when the hp laptop cashed on me it is still  not up and working. the last thing it did was very puzzling. it went totally off. my husband said long time ago  when he took a computer to Fry's  to have check out that he saw them put there hands a few inches from the keys and tapped on any keys the fingers touch. i knew it could not hurt so i did that and the lights at the top of the key board where you could see it was trying to come on but they blinking on and off. kind of just like a car that will not start. i do not know why i tried the next thing i did. i click ctrl alt delete a few times and they stayed on. but it did nothing els. just a black screen.
my nephew marshall i sent my old laptop a 2002 IBM laptop for my birthday he fixed it for me. i like this one better then the new hp any way. just letting the ones know that had tried to help me that i am at least back on the internet.  8) :) thanks again every one.
sham1313 Sharon

CharleyO

Glad to know you have it fixed.

Merry Christmas, Sharon !

sham1313

thank you and the same to you I was a year older this month too. I may send you a e- Mail from here soon. I well say happy Xmas and new year to every one.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Hi, Sharon, good to see you're up and running.
Merry Christmas.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sham1313

new computer not fixed witch was the HP  my old IBM  2002 Laptop is the one that my nephew fixed for me.
Sharon/

Glad to know you have it fixed.  new computer not fixed witch was the HP  my old IBM  2002 Laptop

Merry Christmas, Sharon !

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:07:58 PM by sham1313 »

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
HI Sharon and all,

This is essentially post done at the sugestion made by Sharon. I believe I wrote this in a message to her but didn't actually post it in this thread. So here is the message or at least part of it.

"do you just want the 1st one I see then 10 min later do again."
Yes. by doing this we will see if the problem is caused by a program or if it is a hardware (in other words something physically wrong) with the computer.

"when I started to do this I wind up have to restart  3 because avast and windows was wanting to update at the same time. and it was doing that sound right then."
This is to be expected. The noise you hear is made by the computer fan. when you install or update some thing on your computer you use the processor a lot. Because of this the computer generates heat which triggers the fan to run faster in order to cool it down. This is normal.

Try to follow the instructions posted and do this while the computer is not connected to the internet.

"also windows live message witch I cannot figure out how to get rid of that. that is a different problem."
try this site which explains how to stop it from starting when your computer starts.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-stop-Windows-Live-Messenger-from-popping-up/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Confused Computer User

Please forgive me for not being able to post the whole thing but I din't save so this is I guess all that remains of it.

Cheers,
CCU

Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.