Author Topic: Promise and Highpoint controllers  (Read 13127 times)

djhack

Promise and Highpoint controllers
« on: June 12, 2003, 04:37:15 PM »
Hi,
is it possible to add drivers for highpoint and promise ATA and ATA RAID controllers on the ISO ?

some use came by , he had no A-V software , he got a virus (no admin passwod on his Win2k and he's directly connected to the internet ,no NAT, not a very smart move) , I though hey my first chance to try BART CD in the field but I got no hard-drive found argg he has his hard-drive connected to a raid controller (and the "normal" IDE controllers are damaged)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Promise and Highpoint controllers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 06:00:18 PM »
I don't think it's gonna be possible to add it to the ISO, but you can supply it on a floppy.

Press F6 when starting BART (just after BIOS POST) - you'll then be given a chance to load the drivers. Just like when installing Windows XP on that machine...

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

djhack

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 06:06:01 PM »
when BART CD reach version 1.0 will it be possible to add them using the builder ?
like right now I could probably add the drivers to bart.iso/i386/* wouldn't that work (I haven't done a lot of work with WinPE yet so I don't know right now)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 06:12:46 PM »
You mean with WinISO or something, right?

I don't think that would work as there are some integrity checks in place - but the simplest (and most reliable) way to be sure is to try it.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

kubecj

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 12:47:51 AM »
Just a brief note: ISO does regenerate on each update completely. So you'd need to hack it again and again and again and...  8)

Summit

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 09:31:05 PM »
Could you not use a third party driver to do a standard INT 13 (or whatever the call was) to get the controllers registration from the BIOS? This would eliminate the use of drivers for HDD controllers within the WinPE environment, ok maybe the performance would not be as good but atleast we wouldn't have to find the right driver to fix the PC.

Just a suggestion... 8)