Author Topic: win32: viruses won't delete  (Read 7030 times)

doucettej

win32: viruses won't delete
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »
I have run a scan on my mac, 10.4.11 OSX and have found roughly 156 viruses of which 147 will not or cannot be removed by avast. I love this program on my PC at home but this mac version is not impressing me. How can I get rid of these viruses? here is a short list of what it found

win32:Lmir-RH
Win32:Oliga
Win32:Gamona
Win32:JunkPoly
Win32:LnKget
Win32:Magania-JO
Win32:trojan-gen
VBS:malware-gen
Win32:Patched-HN
Win32:PolyCrypt-CPF

that's about it, obviously there are many instances of these. Could someone please give me a solution as to how to remove these trojans??

Thanks!

Jason

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: win32: viruses won't delete
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
I have run a scan on my mac, 10.4.11 OSX and have found roughly 156 viruses of which 147 will not or cannot be removed by avast. I love this program on my PC at home but this mac version is not impressing me. How can I get rid of these viruses? here is a short list of what it found

win32:Lmir-RH
Win32:Oliga
Win32:Gamona
Win32:JunkPoly
Win32:LnKget
Win32:Magania-JO
Win32:trojan-gen
VBS:malware-gen
Win32:Patched-HN
Win32:PolyCrypt-CPF

that's about it, obviously there are many instances of these. Could someone please give me a solution as to how to remove these trojans??

Thanks!

Hallo,
question is what to remove. The majority of malware todays comes in packed forms - it's some executable archive. Avast can depack it and detect the infection inside, BUT, it's usually not possible to remove just the inner infection, keeping the envelope intact.

Thus, then you must manipulate the file itself (first line above the virus which has icon at left side), and not the depcaked contents, which can't be in most cases manipulated separately.

regards,
pc

Jason

May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)