Author Topic: Sign of "Win32:Confi [Wrm]" in "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming ?  (Read 4259 times)

viroso

Sign of "Win32:Confi [Wrm]" in "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming ?
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
Hello, I use Avast free personal edition v 4.8 in Windows Vista Starter (I know it is crap).

I got an alert for

Sign of "Win32:Confi [Wrm]" has been found in "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\vqdisjg.dll\[UPX]" file. 

and put the file on vault (where is it?)

I searched and could not find anything about vqdisjg.dll, is it a real infection or a false positive?.

Can I restore the file?.

Thanks

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Sign of "Win32:Confi [Wrm]" in "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »
its conficker. avast has removed the infection.

is your windows up to date?, no - please update it. its in the avast virus chest. nothing to worry.

you can do a boot time scan: http://www.digitalred.com/avast-boot-time.php better to move to chest if anything is found.

come back.

edit :get the right tool(single or network removal tool) from here, disconnect from internet and scan. : http://www.bdtools.net/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:56:48 PM by nmb »

viroso

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »
Thanks nmb, I will ty what you suggest.

The problem is that when Windows starts it reports the missing file. I wonder if it is a required file for some soft.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »
can you tell us what is the file it says is missing.it happens some times due to malware infections. do a scan using malwarebytes antimalware(mbam), get it here : malwarebytes.org(free version). download, update, perform fullscan,fix all the infections found, restart if it asks to and post log here using additional options while posting.

please come back.

viroso

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »
Thanks again

The file is the same Avast moved to vault: vqdisjg.dll

I searched and found no results in google for that name.

I installed Malwarebytes, the update gives an error but I did a quick scan with negative results.