Author Topic: New to Avast... Ques. about VRDB  (Read 3992 times)

RBD

New to Avast... Ques. about VRDB
« on: May 27, 2004, 06:14:32 PM »
I've just recently discovered Avast and I love it...  :D it found many viruses that NV hadn't... however, I have one question. With every virus it found, I could not repair or move the infected files. I could only delete it or had to leave it alone. I know VRDB is suppose to help repair files... and I clicked on Generate Now in the opitions. Is there any other way I can repair files in the future instead or just deleting or leaving them alone. Thank you so much!

cc

Re:New to Avast... Ques. about VRDB
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 09:03:08 PM »
 :-[ I too have this problem,how do you know you can delete  ???

ash

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 09:07:03 PM »
VRDB needs to generate a database of good files on ur comp
1st you have to generate vrdb
then u can recover lost or corrupted files

right click blue avast icon in system tray
then point to VRDB
then Click "what is avast! VRDB?"
You will get all the information there 8)

cc

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 09:12:53 PM »
 ;D ty for your reply however i have deleted the files,so far the commy is running fine,so just hope i can continue this way :-\

RBD

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 11:59:13 PM »
thanks for your help! But there is a file that shows up as being infected and I cannot delete, repair, move, rename or anything like that at all. When I go to use one of these options, it just says access denied, or that the file is being used. Any suggestions on what to do with such files? ???  thanks again! :)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 12:11:09 AM »
Hi,

Assuming you've got a system on which it'll work (XP, and I forget which others), try a boot-time scan.  That runs before Win loads, so most if not all files should be accessible at that point.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent