Author Topic: Avast should ask me what to do after scanning is complete  (Read 2495 times)

abdu

Avast should ask me what to do after scanning is complete
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »
I started to do a full scan overnight and in the morning it was 2% complete with a popup question what to do with an infected file. A more efficient way is to finish with the scanning and ask all the questions later. Is there a setting to enable this?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast should ask me what to do after scanning is complete
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »
Not in free version. However in the upcoming avast! 5, even free users will have this feature.
So, until then, there is no practical feature except with small "hack" by placing EICAR file in the root folder of the drive so it gets scanned first and then you just select the action and chose don't ask me again.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:22:35 AM »
This (posted above) is the method I use, and it works fine. This is a direct download of the Eicar.com test file, from this site. You will need to pause your webshield to download it, and then disconnect from the net so as to safely pause the standard shield to move it.
Place the file as near to the beginning of the scanned area as you can, resume the shields, reconnect.
Try a "practice" scan. The Eicar - not-a-virus alert pops up within a minute on my system. once it's actioned, you can wander away, go to bed, whatever.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.