Author Topic: I Hit The Wrong Button  (Read 1848 times)

MrSlicky

I Hit The Wrong Button
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
 ::)  Hi.  I'm a new avast! user and I've already had a blonde moment

avast! caught Braviax.exe on my (newly rebuilt) computer.  I hit a wrong button; I hit "ignore"

My question is how can I un-ingore?  I'm still trying to get used to avast! (I used AVG before), but I want this virus OFF my system pronto.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I Hit The Wrong Button
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »
It doesn't ignore for all time, just that instance, it will be scanned the next scan you do, but avast won't let a file run that it considers infected. So you are still relatively safe.

Run a scan again and it will be detected again, then select move to chest. If you know the file name all you need do is right click on the file name and select the Scan selected areas option.

What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

- Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security